Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Meater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Meater

Has anyone tried this out yet? My buddy at work got it and loves it....seems cool and I love the idea of wireless thermometer. It will read meat temp and outside tip reads ambient temp... curious if this is a good or bad idea in the pbc...thoughts?

Remove the guesswork from cooking with MEATER, the world's best-selling wireless bluetooth smart meat thermometer. Receive an alert on your phone when the food is ready! Shop the new MEATER 2 Plus, Long Range Bluetooth MEATER Plus and WiFi Range 4-Probe MEATER Block.

Oh Nate

Comment

Here is some links from a couple of days ago

https://www.cajunbandit.com/Meater-p/mwt.htm?utm_source=Cajun+Bandit+-+Newsletter&utm_campaign=c500bff57e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_October_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f44

Comment

🤦

I would recommend doing an advanced search in the pit for Meater. Plenty of threads to check out.

Comment

Yeah, the Meater keeps coming up as if it is new, lot of discussion of it already, along with the DO NOT BUY review!

Comment

Here's my report https://amazingribs.com/thermometers/meater-review

Comment

Have it, don't care for it. Range is poor, one stopped working, temp isn't accurate.

Comment

thanks guys! Sorry, I should have done a quick search on the site for reviews before I started this thread...its clear i should stay away. thanks!

Comment

For great modern thermometers, the gold standard is Fireboard or the new Maverick that is being sold via ABC BBQ

Comment

• scottranda
                    scottranda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those are great. I like Thermoworks products too.

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    scottranda I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Thermoworks also

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here