Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen or have any knowledge of the new wireless thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

😂😂😂😂😂

here we go again....

Comment

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...hermometer-yet

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ing-the-meater

A lot of people ask what I think of the "Meater" thermometer. Not much. Here's why I cannot recommend it. https://amazingribs.com/thermometers/meater

Meathead's AmazingRibs.com is the leading BBQ and grilling website, featuring 2100+ pages of recipes, techniques, cooking science, myth-busting, and hands-on reviews.
      Last edited by customtrim; June 13, 2018, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Bottom line:

It seems to be OK at monitoring temps.
        Bluetooth range varies form sucking to barely adequate.
        The workaround for the short BT range is to use another device, (like an old phone), to convert the BT to wi-fi.
        The "time left" function is off for most users.

Comment

Caveat emptor ... seriously, in this case ...

Comment

oh my gawd

Comment

I'm one of the few who remain optimistic about this. I'm waiting on a 4-probe Block. I knew going in that there'd be very limited range, especially through the 1/4" thick steel walls of my offset...but the range can be extended with the Block & WiFi. It's been a long time coming, yes, but I think it'll be a decent device once they get the workings figured out right the first time and send it out. At least to their credit they are making sure everything works properly before hastily sending the block units out and dealing with refunds and warranty issues on a poor functioning device. That's my story. Call me naive.

Comment

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                How long have you been waiting?

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles i forget. 2.5 years maybe since i paid, just over 2 since the first anticipated ship date. Maybe 3? Long time. But I read their updates every month or two and I remain trusting and optimistic.

• kenrobin
                kenrobin commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m in the same boat but the 2.5 years of waiting has soured me on this company. Your’s is the first optimistic comment that I’ve seen.... I hope you’re right about it.

Whether its these guys or someone else, there will be some sort of wireless technology very soon. Geeze I started out with an abacus and look at me now, I'm typing on a corn-pu-ter.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, yer folks could afford to git ya an abacus?
                Purty Ritzy, brother!

Like yerself, I'm just bidin my time; th technology will develop....

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here