Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick XR50 first in South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick XR50 first in South Africa

I feel like a maverick being the owner of the first XR-50 in South Africa and my first "real" thermometer. Arrived safely from over the waters today Monday 11. Was dispatched Friday 01 from ABC and am overexcited because I was expecting a much longer delivery time. Cost an additional R400 for VAT and custom clearance. Read instructions and found it easy enough, and after a couple dry runs, I’m ready. When I learnt this AM that it would be in my possession, I immediately took out the beef short rib I had been saving for the occasion as well as a pork belly. Unfortunately I will not be smoking them tomorrow as I need the smoker to reheat 40 Cornish pies for my lunch time meal, so the XR50 will be used to monitor the oven temp and the opportunity to get an idea of the variances in temp from the bottom of cook chamber to the top (measurement from bottom to top is 1200mm about 47”). I’m wondering if there is an app for graphs for the XR50 like those posted in the pit. I know this device is going to up my game.

No graph apps I'm aware of.

Comment

Nope - this is just a basic unit with a really good range on the remote receiver. Used mine 3 times now and love it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here