Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FireBoard Users - is it possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FireBoard Users - is it possible

I just received a FireBoard and did my first cook over the weekend. I see how to set alerts for probes but is there a way inside the app to set a basic timer, which I missed? If not what, what are you using?

I am just learning to low and slow and I’m also remodeling our house on the weekend. I’m looking for something to remind me to stop what I’m doing for a minute to do bend tests etc.

Not that I know of. You can use the timer on your phone, or I usually use one of the little timesticks from Thermoworks.

Comment

Alexa

Comment

My Fireboard doesn't have a timer. But you can set an alert for a lower temp so it alerts you when you think you need to check out the meat, then reset the alert once you've checked. For instance I'll set an alert for 150 or 155 to check for the stall and bark set, then decide to wrap or continue. Then I reset the alert to the temp I want to check for tender.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	27083_1_1200px.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	514998

Comment

The Fireboard does not have a timer. They really are not necessary, as you are cooking by temp, not time. You can, as others have mentioned, set low or high points, within the app, to alert you to what your cook is doing. You can always set alerts for certain temps, where you think the bend test is needed. I would start at about 175 F and go up by 10 from there. Generally, I find that around 180-185 F is when my ribs pass the bend test.

If you are set on using a timer, I would use the one on your phone.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here