Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moore XR 50 up dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moore XR 50 up dates

after new batteries I cook 3 2” chuck steaks a probe in the pit 1 per steak work flawlessly and meat came out excellent according to the 15 people who showed up and my poppers were a smash

Congrats, amigo! Way to go!

Comment

I've now done two long cooks with the XR50 and nothing but greatness! I have one set of AAA's standing by. My Smoke is now my indoor thermometer for the two ovens. I've got 6 briskets to heat up tomorrow and the Smoke will monitor things nicely.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't realize that was the xr50. It's on my list at that price. Thanks for the review and the link. Good to hear..

Which one is the XR50. Don the worry about me I'll catch up.

Comment

I used new Duracell’s right off the bat. It was sitting in my cabinet for a week until I got around to use it to cook today and the low battery signal was on. I hadn’t even used it besides to turn it on/off when I got it to make sure it worked. The same with the monitor. I put new batteries in both. Hopefully I just grabbed four duds?
      Last edited by snowswamp; June 10, 2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Yes - put real batteries in both before use and skip the surprise. Mine was battery dead before I even used it.

Comment

Many people seems to be having battery issues. Hopefully Maverick can figure out what's wrong because if they can't fix it then these things are junk. I hope you all get to return yours for working models or refunds.

Comment

Nice! Lets see some pictures of those steaks, brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
              Many people seems to be having battery issues. Hopefully Maverick can figure out what's wrong because if they can't fix it then these things are junk. I hope you all get to return yours for working models or refunds.
              Personally I think it's under-supplied....perhaps this is the one detail they missed in its design. It should hold 3 or 4 AAAs IMO. Or 3 or 4 AAs, even better. But I happen to have piles of good rechargeable high mAh batteries, like Eneloop & Bonai, so it's merely a minor nuisance to change them, the battery money is already spent. Learned that a few years ago running my BBQ Dragon w/ my offset. Thankfully on the Mav XR50 changing batteries is drop dead simple.

Comment

Huskee I don't know, what are you guys are describing is unacceptable to me. Especially considering the battery performance of the older Mavericks.

"I used new Duracell’s right off the bat. It was sitting in my cabinet for a week until I got around to use it to cook today and the low battery signal was on. I hadn’t even used it besides to turn it on/off when I got it to make sure it worked."

You're going to have to change batteries mid cook, and you know me. I'll turn on the baby monitor and hit the bar. No way will I be happy to have to come back to change batteries.

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well glad I don't have a BBQ dragon either then. lol

• snowswamp
                  snowswamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m going to check them again in a couple days to see if that is still an issue. Could have just been a fluke. I hope not. I love my Smoke and having the MXR-50 with multiple probes is awesome.

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've seen maybe 4 or 5 of you guys with the same issue so I doubt it's a fluke. Could be a manufacturing issue that's already resolved. But it doesn't seem to be a fluke.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here