Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick customer service kudo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick customer service kudo's

Not sure why I can't post where I originally posted this, but here goes anyway.
    I received a new Maverick 733 and found one probe bad, sent an email and no response, sent another one and I just got an email from them, said they didn't get first email and will send a probe out asap.

Nice to see good customer service.
    Al

It should be considering the price of the Mav 733 and that fact that the probes break all the time, especially if you wash them with soapy water. I have Mavs but have been throughly disappointed in they're quality and durability. However, they seem to be accurate when working properly. Its good to hear the service is up to par.

Comment

• _Keith
      _Keith commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had Mavericks for years without issue. However, they do specifically say not to wash them with soapy water. I wipe them down with a paper towel dampened with bleach-based sanitizing solution.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, for the price you'd think you could wash it, like you would anything else. Just seems ridiculous to me.

• _Keith
      _Keith commented
      Editing a comment
      Same as you would any other electronic equipment?

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
    It should be considering the price of the Mav 733 and that fact that the probes break all the time, especially if you wash them with soapy water. I have Mavs but have been throughly disappointed in they're quality and durability. However, they seem to be accurate when working properly. Its good to hear the service is up to par.
    You shouldn't get the probe wires wet or you will have problems. Only wash the actual part of the probe that goes into the food and keep moisture away from the top of that part when washing it.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a Taylor that I wash with soap and water with no issues what so ever. Oh yeah, and its was less than half the price of my Mavs

• _Keith
      _Keith commented
      Editing a comment
      Half the price for a dual probe thermometer?

Their customer service is really good. They can be slow at emails, and they can be fast. I suppose it depends on email volume and when you catch them. I corresponded with Nikki when I needed to reach them and she was very helpful. I had them not respond to my initial email, then they responded very quickly to my second email.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here