Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool or what! Meater the smart wireless Thermo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool or what! Meater the smart wireless Thermo

This looks great how about a formal test Meathead

LMFAO....

this should get interesting.

Comment

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      I have contacted them a number of times suggesting just as MeatMonster suggests.
      NO RESPONSE.
      I do hear of the single units beginning to be delivered and haven't heard much negative feed back SO?
      I believe I'm happy remaining wired up.

• MeatMonster
      MeatMonster commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, slowly creeping away hoping no one notices...!

As he's sitting back, with popcorn and a cold, cold IPA in hand, he awaits the outcome of the battle royal.......

Comment

• MeatMonster
      MeatMonster commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll just get my coat.......lol

I pre-ordered the block on New Year’s Eve after seeing an advertisement and looking at their website. Then I saw people had been waiting for 2 years for their block, and the company sent out an email saying they had more issues with hardware/software configuration so delivery date was unknown but wouldn’t happen until later this year. Not wanting to take a chance on an unknown product not to mention not knowing if I would get the product this year I cancelled my order. They tried to deny me a refund at first but I made clear that I was not a kickstarter backer, I was a regular customer responding to a website and if they didn’t refund I would dispute with the credit card company as fraud. All of a sudden my refund got approved. Anyone know if thermopro is coming out with a fire board type product?

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I put Thermopro just a notch above the Meater. Buy the Fireboard and get on with cooking....

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with Troutman . You won't regret getting the Fireboard. Do a cost comparison with the Smoke/Wifi combo with the same number of probes as offered in Fireboard's Extreme BBQ package. Plus the Fireboard works great and customer service is awesome.

Kathryn

I will stick with my cyber Q piggy edition

Comment

I hate wires - they get in the way and never lie where you want them to. They also grab anything that gets close to them causing spills and other problems. And I would so like to monitor the temp of a rotisserie chicken without opening the kettle to check temps. SO, I have been waiting patiently for "The Block" for 2 + years. My. Patience. Is. Wearing. Thin...

But I am still waiting 'cause there is no other option.
      Last edited by RonB; March 21, 2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate the wire thing as well but what do you do

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        @custontrim - wait...

Where I think this idea is great is for those of you with a rotisserie where wires just won't work. I can see buying the single probe, which is apparently shipping, if I had a rotisserie. Aside from that, I'll stick with my wired probes.

Comment

I’m so glad that I didn’t invest my money on it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5gq.gif
Views:	165
Size:	610.2 KB
ID:	470196

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            chewing with your mouth open is so rude.....even for the King of Pop.

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, he quit doing that a few years ago.

The Meater Block is a novel approach to the wireless temperature measurement product category. While most competing products employ temperature probes tethered to a transmitter by a braided wire, the Meater builds the transmitter and battery to power it into the probe itself.

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol We have a winner... kudos for finding it.

• MeatMonster
            MeatMonster commented
            Editing a comment
            Doh...... search reviews properly before commenting! Now quietly shuffling away hoping no one notices!

Would you trust a guy who reads a book upside down........?

Comment

I tried the Mavericks some years back. The wires hanging out of the smoker got to be a pita very quickly. I dumped them after 2 cooks. I found these fancy new wireless pit temp monitors that work great if I remember to look at them!

They are expensive though about $3 a piece.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0005.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	470347

Comment

• MeatMonster
              MeatMonster commented
              Editing a comment
              Blimey don't let Meathead see that! Also I refer you to the post "Desert Island Dilema" LOL

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              I never put a meat probe in ribs, and in my offset just throw a single temp probe in the middle of the grate somewhere, to get an "average" temp. To be honest, the 3" Rochester (I think) dial thermometer is usually within 20 degrees of the Smoke probe at the grate level, and I have end to end variation of about 20, which is close enough for smoking I think...

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here