Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy probe grommets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What these guys are selling are called cord grips. Check out www.elecdirect.com and there are multiple variations sizes etc... I would probably try and replace the o-ring with a high temp one but I believe that is all these things are. $17+ is ridiculous for what this is, just my $.02

Comment

• Histrix
      Histrix commented
      Editing a comment
      At elecdirect.com the minimum order is $25. Cheaper to get them from Amazon or ebay.

Well the Maverick grommet showed up, but it was supposed to be a 2 pack and they only shipped me 1. Looks like I won't be able to install them on my kettles in California now since I'm leaving Friday.

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Figures

Used my smokey Joe as a guinea pig. Easy to drill out with a titanium bit. He's all tricked out now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180320_192833.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	470067

Comment

I put a couple of grommets into my Jumbo Joe. Working up the nerve to drill out my Weber 26 for a WSM grommet. ItIt easy to drill the hole but I want to be sure about its placement.

Name:	20180413_191358.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	482885

Comment

• rotagilla
        rotagilla commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Attjack View Post
        I put a couple of grommets into my Jumbo Joe. Working up the nerve to drill out my Weber 26 for a WSM grommet. ItIt easy to drill the hole but I want to be sure about its placement.

Name:	20180413_191358.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	482885
        ATTJACK, can you get more than one probe through the Maverick gromets? Thanks!

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you can get two Maverick probes through for sure.

Wish I had the guts to drill into my WSCGC and insert a probe port. Just can't make myself do it.

I'm waiting for someone else to drill into that double wall and find a port that works well with it. Anybody done it?

Kathryn

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, Attjack, conceptually it seems easy, but I haven't mustered enough courage to try it just yet. I don't want to be on the bleeding edge, which is why I'm hoping someone else has already done it.

K.

• Histrix
        Histrix commented
        Editing a comment
        Never have that problem on my ceramic kamados. Guessing that maybe the heavier ceramic domes cause the gaskets to seal a little tighter than the Summit dome.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        You're probably right about that, Histrix . I'm still thinking about workarounds for the problem without drilling holes into Mr. Fancypants.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here