Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick 733

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick 733

DWSanta gave me a Maverick 733 for Christmas. Had it for two days and it saved two meals! Yup, I'm happy! Struggling a bit with all the bells/whistles and alarms, but I'll get there. This will make my Qing better and easier, taking it up a notch! DW's birthday is also Christmas and she wanted a rib roast cooked indoor with a new recipe. Results pictured here - BUT, we were hungry, so no time to pretty up the setting.
    Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Very tasty lookin'...nice work

Comment

Beautiful. My 733 is "guaranteed delivery" tomorrow. I know, it's Sunday, but they "guaranteed" it, so we'll see.

DEW

Comment

• The Burn
            The Burn commented
            Editing a comment
            Amazon Prime? I know they've been doing Sunday delivery in some areas - utilizing the USPS to do it no less

I logged on to get opinions of users of the Maverick 733 but after reading Dewesq 55’s post I need to go measure my Ice Auger to see if I could pull one like that fish up! Dan

Comment

Danjohnston949, I hear ya! What a beauty that is, eh?!?!
            DEW, good luck! I did calibrate mine and had some variances; glad I found out about them! I'll use mine as a general guide, but when the temp gets close, still rely on my thermapen.

Comment

I'll be curious to calibrate mine then use it to check/calibrate the Masterbuilt's built-in temp controls.

DEW

Comment

• Ray
                Ray commented
                Editing a comment
                I also own a Masterbuilt and checked the meat probe reading against the ThermoPop that I also own. The Masterbuilt tracked the ThermoWorks device to within a couple of degrees. I was both surprised and happy! Since I don't own a Mav 733 (yet), I haven't compared the chamber temp to an accurate thermo. I'll be interested in your findings.

Still using a 2 yr old Mav 732et, working great. I know it made me a better cook. Rich, you'll have it down in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by sak11202 View Post
                Still using a 2 yr old Mav 732et, working great. I know it made me a better cook. Rich, you'll have it down in no time.
                Same here. In March my oldest will be 3. It'll be off to thermometer kindergarten soon. #proudmaverickdad

Comment

I do not recall who gave me the link to the Maverick 733 tutorial (Huskee maybe?) but thank you! So much better than the instructions that came with it!! The unit is working well! LOVE IT! http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...t-733-tutorial

Comment

I just got the 733 about a week ago. I really like it! The hybrid probes are nice to have.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here