Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Maverick to Get - 732 or 733?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Maverick to Get - 732 or 733?

OK, assuming the extra $10 or so isn't a deal-breaker, is there any reason to get one over the other? All comments and recommendations encouraged and welcome.

Merry Christmas!

DEW

The 733 has presets for different types of meet and has the ability to set your own presets. I have 732 and I gave up on setting the alarm because it takes so long and sometimes it just resets while I'm trying to set. I wish I had the 733.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      When setting the alarms: If you wait more than 4 seconds b/n step 2 and 3. It goes back to what it was in step 1. Same goes for the time b/n step 3 and 4.

1. Push which ever button you are setting until the number comes up
      2. Once the number comes up, release the button, then suppress it again until it starts blinking, release again, and
      3. Suppress again to scroll to your desired temp
      4. Immediately push the MODE button once you get to your desired temp, waiting too long to push the MODE button will set it back to what it was in step 1
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; December 25, 2014, 07:10 PM.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      To add:

#4, Mode button is also the light button (right? mine's not in front of me but I'm 99% sure it is)

Also of note, if you do not do #4 it will reset and you have to start all over.

I like the 732 because I don't use the alarms and just want something that reads temps with no fuss. I have both. They both work great, but the 733 needs more time spent towards setting it up.

Comment

Or go up another $10 to $79, go to firecraft.com and order the new ET-735 that's due out this month. Comes with 2 probes (these are waterproof), but can handle 4. And is bluetooth instead of the RF - of course, you have to have your own iOS or Android device for the receiver.

Comment

The 732 is all you really need, but having my own preset alarms would be sweet (733). I use the alarms all the time.

Comment

I agree with Pit Boss on this one. I know what temps I need for what meats I'm smoking, I just want to see those temps and nothing more. To me, the 733 display is way too cluttered and busy. The 732 display shows two temps, that's it. (Aside from little alarm icons if they're on or not). I looked at it from the standpoint that I'm paying $10 more for clutter, lol. So I opted to have a stash of 732s.

If you're not the type to remember the meat temps by heart for chicken vs pork vs beef, etc, and you don't want to have to consult your Meathead Meat Magnet then the 733 might do well for you. You can set them how you want and then just select your meat type and your alarms are ready to go for you.

Like John mentions the 735 is an upgrade in that it offers 4 probes, but it REQUIRES a smartphone/tablet to be the receiver. What if your phone battery dies? What if you left your tablet at work? I personally will never own one of these becasue of this reason. The 732s and 733s are self-contained, they come with what you need. At least this was my perspective on the differences, FWIW. Each model has its ups and downs.

Comment

• The Burn
            The Burn commented
            Editing a comment
            My iPhone has never been below 50%, other than the intentional drain every couple/few weeks that helps the life cycle. And like many, my phone is an extension of my body and never gets left anywhere. Of course, I've also got an iPad, so I guess I'm always covered. To each his own

735 takes 4 probes?

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Yessir.

32 gets my vote.

Comment

I have both and admit I use the 32 more often. The 33 is difficult to program, for me at least. Will see how the 35 is

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here