Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probe storage project - 1st attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probe storage project - 1st attempt

Since we have blizzard conditions today I turned to figuring out a better way to store all my probes than throwing them all into a box. This is my first attempt, but already have ideas to improve them such as making them interlocking so the probe points are protected better. At least now I won’t have a tangle of wires to unravel each time.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5DC86DED-9790-48ED-9A58-E55B69CE264F.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	434485

Name:	56F0A921-4E68-40E8-A7CE-C6CF28477264.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	434486

Name:	48C03796-BF34-46A2-9DAC-52C6BF10E09C.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	434487

I just roll them around three of my fingers and put a rubber band around them.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      That's exactly what I do.

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      So did I actually. However the other day I dropped one of the rubber bands and one of my dogs ate it. Luckily it passed after a few days but after thinking of a possible large vet bill, it got me to thinking about doing something else.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m glad everything came out ok.

Did you 3D print them?

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, using a corn based plastic.

• Sephon
      Sephon commented
      Editing a comment
      That's awesome! Great work. I'm excited to see the updates.

Really? I just stick them in a ziplock bag. Clean them, hang to dry and into the bag.

Sorry, everyone to there own.........

Comment

wrap around a dowel pin and secure with Velcro strips

Comment

I just cut a paper towel core into short pieces and wrap the wires around that. But I do like your idea. I have also been thinkin' about getting these.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the link. I had not seen these before but they are similar in design. When I pull the plug on the fireboard I think I will get some of them.

• Sephon
          Sephon commented
          Editing a comment
          I have 4 of them, they are great. It's a soft, pliable plastic too.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here