Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thermoworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thermoworks

having probe temp issues with thermworks products. both probes on thermoq quit working at the same time (kinked wire and heavy BGE top) reason per thermoworks. ordered a smoke in the interim and first use meat probe went from 150 to 234 while in brisket resting in oven. is this a common issue or am I the "lucky one"

Thermoworks stuff is one of the highest quality products on the market. I would agree with Thermoworks on the kinked cable heavy BGE lid but not sure why you would have trouble with the Smoke. But you can get a bad probe no matter whose product you use. I have 2 Thermapens and never an issue. I've left them outside overnight in downpour rains and buried in 6 inches of snow one time. They didn't skip a degree.

I gave up on all the probes and wires a long time ago. Found I didn't need the constant flow of information and wires keep getting in my way. Constant watching of probes always made me feel I was doing something wrong if the temp jumped or lowered a bit or a probe was going bad. Constantly had me overthinking everything. Honestly I've been happier since I ditched the electronics.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Fortunately most of us were born with great instruments of perception!

thermoworks has already shipped replacement probe.... great customer service

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here