Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Smoke reading HHH???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks Smoke reading HHH???

I can't get a reading on my Smoke thermometer other than HHH. I replaced the batteries and nothing has changed. Anyone get this before and know what it means?

I saw that once when mine overheated from sitting in the sun. It corrected itself when it cooled off.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish that were it. It's cool as a cucumber

I think it means the temp is too high to read. Since it's obviously not, it's time to give those nice people a call.

Edit to add that it could mean Help Help Help.

Comment

You may have already tried this, but have you just plugged in the meat probe, and just the air probe, to see if you can determine if it's one of the probes?

Comment

It was the probe - I'm getting a temp reading using the meat probe as the air probe. I called them and was surprised they were open on Saturday. Even though it's been over a year since I bought it they are replacing the probe for free. Good peoples.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          good to hear!

Great customer service! As I grapple with the choice for my next thermometer, that experience helps!

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          I have this one since it was released and this is my first issue - I even told them the probe was probably damaged by Jaco (2 yrs old) and they are sending it anyway.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here