Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick Probe Discrepencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick Probe Discrepencies

I bought a Maverick ET-732 when I first got into the smoking addiction over a year ago...I recently bought a Maverick ET-735 because I wanted to be able to use more than two probes in my Bandera...I also bought a separate set of 2 probes so that I would have 4 probes for my 735...

Here is my issue, I hope i can explain it right...

I have done the boiling water test and here is my results...

The 732 and its original probes read correctly in boiling water...
    The 735 and its original probes also read correctly in boiling water...
    The probes that came with the 732 read about 196 when plugged into the 735...
    The probes that came with the 735 read about 236 degrees when plugged into the 732...

The extra set of probes read correctly in the 732 and about 196 when plugged into the 735...

the 4 probes that read correctly in the 732 read 196 in the 735 and the probes that read correctly in the 735 read about 236 in the 732...

The extra set of probes are supposed to be compatible with the 732/733/735...

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this...should i send back the extra ones that I bought and try ordering different ones...

Thank You in Advance...

40 degrees different doesn't sound like compatible! I'd call/write the manufacture if there's time...if its getting too late, return the "compatible" probes and get your money back while the manufacturer tries to resolve the issue.

The best I could guess would be impedance matching in the maverick box -- meaning that the input impedance on the 732 is different than the 735. I know that many times, manufacturers can correct the difference with software/firmware changes, but that's probably not something the average consumer should be expected to deal with.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Was thinking the same thing, except impedance isn't integrated very well in my vocabulary, so I was thinking "resistance". ;-)

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      ohms? lol

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, EdF & texastweeter, ‘cept it accounts for capacitance and inductance also. Probably should have just stuck with resistance!

My mind is resisting all these electrical terms...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here