Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good leave in thermometer for deep frying turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good leave in thermometer for deep frying turkey

I'm going to deep dry my turkey this year so I need a good thermometer for the oil. I haven't done this in years, and before i discovered this place I used a cheap $5 thermometer for the oil. I've got plenty of quick and instant reads to see if the turkey is done, but nothing that could handle being in oil for so long. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Thermometers, BBQ, Cooking, Kitchen Tools, Steak, Doneness, Commercial grade

Might have to search around a bit.

Comment

If you own the Smoke or Chef Alarm all you need is the probe for deep frying like this. http://www.thermoworks.com/TX-1005X-12

Comment

It's good that you are monitoring the oil temp. and Jerod's link gives you options. I'd suggest either the ChefAlarm or the Dot. But you should also be monitoring the temp of the meat. The probe linked above will do that safely with either of the thermometers I mentioned. Pulling that turkey at just the right temp helps ensure that it will be moist and tender.

Comment

Thanks guys, since I use an iGrill for most stuff could I just purchase two of the 12" thermometers from thermoworks? http://www.thermoworks.com/RT610B-12

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here