Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WSCGC with FireBoard and Fan Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful ham!

Comment

Ok I am confused. So the Fireboard runs the pit viper. Do you just buy the pit viper from BBQ Guru? How is this different than using the DigiQ? Will the DigiQ do the same thing? Sorry for all the questions but I definitely would like to get something like this for my kettle and haven’t seen much of these fan set ups.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Or you can buy a fan from Fireboard. They are selling a 20cfm Auber

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I am using my Pit Viper because I had the Digi Q. You can control the fan speed and adjust pit temps, remotely, with Fireboard. Not possible with my Digi Q DX2. I think you can do that on the Cadillac Guru, though.

• MWOE2007
        MWOE2007 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok makes sense. Thanks for info

lonnie mac couple questions for you ....

The WSCGC has different air intake vents than a standard Weber, but I'm curious if you have to close up the rest of the vent that the fan isn't attached to? I imagine not on that grill. But I figure on my WSM I would need to close off the holes in the vent that the fan is not plugged into. Thoughts?

Did you try adjusting your set point completely remote? Like away from the house and entirely via internet/cloud access?

Comment

Yea brother, the WSCGC has the one touch system, so it is completely closed. The fan is attached to the built in fan port, so all the air has to come from the fan. On a WSM, you would keep two of the lower vents completely closed, and with the pit viper weber fan adapter you would attach that to the third lower vent in one of the three holes. The fan adapter came with some silver tape to close off the remaining two holes on that vent, lest you drill a hole for the fan adapter, in which case you would keep all three lower vents completely closed. The top vent is just barely opened, in my case it worked out to be about an 1/8".

I did adjust my set point remotely using the app. Easy peasy!

Now one thing I have found, and possibly FireBoard is working on it, but the fan works off of the app only. That's where you can control the fan setpoint, or % fan, see the green fan graph and such. I mostly use my computer during cooks with the FireBoard, and maybe some day they can bring that function to the desktop too. You can do everything else using the desktop with the FireBoard anyway, this would be cool too. As it is you can't see the fan graph or % on the desktop.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, very helpful and what I was thinking.

My cable arrived today! For the first cook, I am going to give it a go with a pork shoulder. I figure this will give me a solid look at how it compares to the Digi Q.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          You Should Have Fewer Cables to Mind❗️ But I expect You will Mostly have Positive, Instantaneous Feed Back and Records and Graphs of the Same‼️ 👍👍👍👍👍 🤗😇🤗 👍👍👍👍👍
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Dan, Yes and I am looking forward to that. Danjohnston949

• lonnie mac
          lonnie mac commented
          Editing a comment
          Great brother!! I hope you like it! I can only say how well it works with the WSCGC so far. It will be great to start seeing how it works with other cookers.

Well heck, here I go again reaching in my pocket to feed my MCS. 😡

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here