Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which color Thermapen MK4 should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which color Thermapen MK4 should I get?

I already have the older version in red and a ChefAlarm in yellow. I can't decide if I should get red, black, orange, gray, blue, white or another color.

Get the color that most stands out in whatever drawer you are stashing it in!

Comment

I opted for lime green, not sure why just felt right to me.

Comment

Last thermometer I bought was blue.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have the pink and orange. I like the bright colors because it is easier to find them.

Comment

• Daddio on the Patio
            Daddio on the Patio commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree and wth DWCowles and Mosca. I went with yellow to easily locate.

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Bright green for me. The first one I got was brown and I could never find it.

Don't get camo - you'll never find it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Had a camo Zippo when I was in th' Service. lost it, a few times, in th' boonies...tough to find, reckon I could safely say...

My recommendation is fer Pink! That's right...bright, NEON Pink!!!
          Based on my tool inventory, from 28 yrs at my job, ya' won't have to worry overmuch about it gettin stolen...
          Most males are afraid they might catch summat, from pink items..., so ya' should wear it out, long before it disappears from yer AO
          Hail, what do I know? I have reported to work, with both Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Bandaids, as well as Hello Kitty ones, on my head injuries, so prominently visible...

I jus' tell 'em at work, them there's Mandaids...Takes a Man to wear 'em to work...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 25, 2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            When I held a day job (retired now) I often wore pink socks and pink shirts. I'm confident in my masculinity---LOL Now I wear ankle hi socks and Croc knock-offs as much as I can. The joys of retirement! Can't grasp those who worry they'll have nothing to do if they don't work.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            When yer up to knee high, black socks, lemme know, an' we'll go metal detectorin, together, in between cooks!

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            And where New Balance shoes & drive a Buick to the beach for your metal detecting.

Pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Surprisingly pink has the most votes with green so far coming in second.

I will say I likely won't buy red so I don't get it confused with my older Thermapen and I'll probably avoid white/gray/black and pick a more easily spotted color.

I haven't had to worry about my Thermapen walking off much, but getting a bright pink one would ensure it doesn't grow legs if I do take it somewhere.

Comment

Don't get a red one - Jaco will always find it
              Attached Files
              Last edited by hoovarmin; September 26, 2017, 08:08 PM. Reason: didn't mean to post the pic twice

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                You Need Get Him Copies of Meathead and @Henriks Books and a "Pit Club" Memberships! This Will Entitle Jaco to a Magnetic AmazingRibs.Com Temp Guide‼️
                Jaco will be able to Mount It at His Altitudes! 👍👍😇👍👍
                From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• hoovarmin
                hoovarmin commented
                Editing a comment
                Danjohnston949 great ideas!

After a few previous posts where we've jawed some about this, I'm kinda wonderin' if I need to git my lil' place sprayed fer these here 'Jacos'???
              LOL! Classic Pic, Brother!!! Many Warm Fuzzies, here!
              Done seent th' tied shut lower cab doors, lol! Ah, Memories...
              Ask me ' bout th' 'Corn Daddy' story, some night when I aint' been hand-mixin concrete in a wheelbarrow fer two days....
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 26, 2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• hoovarmin
                hoovarmin commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok, Mr. Bones - ready to hear th' 'Corn Daddy" story, assuming you've taken a break from that concrete work.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                A'ight, hoovarmin , I'll try to give it a go, might be a multi-parter...long day, still...
                I'll post it over at General Discussion...

• hoovarmin
                hoovarmin commented
                Editing a comment
                Mr. Bones, at your convenience, brother. If you are tired we can certainly wait, and I will be on the lookout for it.

Red. It doesn't show dirt and grime as easily, and it is easier to see in the kitchen.

Comment

Come on now... you know your gonna end up getting one of those glow in the dark & magnetic rubber boots that covers everything but the window and probe.

Comment

• cstefan
                  cstefan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, how did you know?

Neon Pink or Neon Orange vote here. I have both, and gifted one pink and one orange to each daughter. Easiest colors to find in the drawer ever.

Kathryn

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've just got one of those original red ones. I swear, I open the drawer and it just jumps into my hand! Sort of like dog and cat heads!

Purple for sure!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here