Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smoke carying case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoke carying case

What are you ladies and gents using to carry/hold your smoke? My box has already fallen apart. Pelican makes a 1200 but its $40. I'm looking for something to hold the base, receiver, gateway and both probes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gimbal.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	370405Click image for larger version

Name:	Gimbal 2.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	370406 You can find carrying cases all day long on ebay, i happened to find one for my DJI OSMO for $14 dollars - shipped. I just cut the foam to fit the Smoke. I'll post a couple pictures .. I just got done using it so it's kinda not too organized. BTW, I've seen them for as cheap as $8 dollars.

Comment

I tend to just throw mine loose in a drawer. Bit messy but any kind of case takes up room too and I don't usually have to transport.

Comment

Check out this case. Got 2 Mavericks 733.
        A FireBoard. 10 probes in cases. 8 probes, still in wrappers. Pockets above hold the clips, stands, charger ect...... And there's more room. Thank you MCS. Got the case from WallMart. No idea who makes it. But it works. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1234.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	370491All zipped up and ready to go. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1235.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	370494

Comment

• CowboyScott
          CowboyScott commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you have MPS (Multiple Probe Syndrome)!

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe so CowboyScott but I have used 7 at once so far.

I just leave mine in a drawer at home. I twist tie the cables to keep them somewhat organized. When its time to go cook somewhere I just put them in my BBQ box which is just a plastic tote.

Comment

Yes, great ideas. Cases for temp gear. Steve B, go MCS!

Comment

I got a waterproof plastic box from home depot, works great

Name:	2017-08-28 10.18.49.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	370690Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-08-28 10.19.22.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	370691

Comment

Not a Smoke but...

Comment

Check out www.monoprice.com
                They have a few different sizes (I almost own at least one of each LOL) and the prices are hard to beat.

I use them for everything from small gimbals to thousand dollar lights. They've held up well.

That's my road worthy Thermoworks case... ThermaQ High Temp / ThermaQ Meathead / Thermapen Mk4 / TimeStick Trio x2 / IR Gun
                with an assortment of probes & clips under the black cover.

Name:	File Aug 28, 10 29 30 AM.jpeg
Views:	557
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	370783
                No, I do NOT work for, or with, ThermoWorks OR get ANY sort of endorsement or discount. I just happen to really like their products.

Comment

Thermoworks sells them for $20

Comment

I got this case from BBQ Guru, you can get it without the logo at most camera supply stores for $15-20. It holds the Smoke, two Mavericks, and all the gear that goes with a DigiQ DX2 (fan and control box, and stand), and all the probes, wiring, probe trees, etc., for all the controllers.

Comment

Go on Thermo's website They now have a case for it and I think it was 19.95 but it wasn't a bad price

Comment

This is what I use, I have a piece of foam between the to halves, was an old BBQ set that wasn't very good,
                        Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Now _that_ is bling!

I put together a set of cook boxes. I use a Plano Tool Box to hold my temperature monitoring equipment, Rubs and Spices, food handling gloves, Binder clips, etc. I use the large bin with the yellow cover to store Kingsford Charcoal, chimney starter, smoking chunks, and heavy duty foil. This makes it very easy when I need to cook at an event. It also keeps my supplies in one place. And out of the kitchen.....

​ ​ ​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here