Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Smoke Wireless Gateway Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks Smoke Wireless Gateway Available

It looks like the Gateway pairs with yer Smoke via bluetooth. So I'm wondering if the Gateway will pair with all bluetooth capable thermometers? That would certainly help a lot of people with bluetooth thermos.

Comment

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      Hooks up with Rf, then wifi to phone

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh well, it was a thought...

Naybe Santa will get you one for Christmas. And maybe Christmas will come early this year! That's my plan anyway.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a certain poetry to that comment!

It's now available.

Comment

Good to see it's finally released.

I'll be waiting a bit to hear how it works and how friendly and useful the app is. Having used the iGrill app for many years (when my probes actually work) and still waiting on Weber to improve that iOS app (instead of taking big steps backwards, like the last update did), I don't want to be the early adopter.

Also, I've already spent $99 for Smoke and will need to spend another $89 for the Gateway; and if I want 4 probes, I will need to spend another $190 (Smoke + another Gateway). This gets steep in a hurry.

I'm curious to hear what advantage the Smoke + Gateway setup (2 probes) has vs a Fireboard $190 (2 probes) or $250 (2 ambient + 6 meat probes included, can use 6 at a time) setups.

Are the Thermoworks probes that much better? I have a Smoke and love it, but am curious.

-Scott

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I would also like a fan controller option. Supposedly Fireboard is working on one that will use a port already on their unit. I'm holding on any more thermometer purchases for now.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm feeling your hesitation. I too love my Smoke and when I'm smokin' I'm rarely more than 300' away from my smoker so the RF works just fine for me. I mean really is this a necessary tool or just another gadget ?

Sad to say that I won't be able to get one anytime soon. But I too would like hear about it.

Comment

Logic would dictate that the next generation Smoke will have the wifi connectivity built in. Also I guess the perk of the Smoke of the Fireboard/Tappacue offerings is that you get the dedicated wireless display. Constantly checking your phone/tablet isn't always as easy as glancing at a nice dedicated display.

Comment

Very true

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here