Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 probe wireless thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 probe wireless thermometer

Looking for recommendation for a 4 probe wireless meat thermometer. I really don't want blue tooth, I have an Igrill 4 probe and really like the unit itself, but my gosh the range for me is only about 30 feet. Would prefer wifi but that could be cost prohibitive but definetly willing to look anyone know of any good 4 probe rf units? Thanks for any and all suggestions.

I'm waiting for Thermoworks to come out with one, including wireless signals from probe to transmitter unit i.e. no probe wires. So far it's only in my dreams.

Kathryn

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on this.... Doc is my hero!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Plus me too also.

The Fireboard is the one for me. Once you set the system up with your BT phone, it will connect to your WiFi and work anywhere that you can connect to the net. I've monitored my cook while 30-miles away taking the family to a brunch.

Comment

If you have a bluetooth device to spare, I think there is a way to put your bt device close to the igrill and you can transmit as wi-fi from that device.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Crud I never thought of using the IPad v IPhone. That's why you so smart Ron B but I'm still with Kathyrn... you know it's coming. I almost made a religious reference. It's not here but you still prepare. fzxdoc I want the wireless probe thingys. Just tell them who you are and make it happen. 😀😇

I ended up upgrading from the iGrill2 to the Fireboard... and I've never looked back. Huge upgrade.

The iGrill had big connectivity issues for me; I couldn't trust it during an overnight cook to wake me up with the alarm. On nearly every overnight cook, despite me sleeping on the couch 20 feet away (there's no way it would keep a connection in the bedroom), I would wake up having lost the connection for hours.

With the Fireboard, the BT connectivity is much better, but more importantly, the WiFi connectivity enables me to go to work, sleep in my own bed, go to the store, etc. and still monitor what's going on.

That said, it is a pretty penny, there's no denying it... but, in my view, it's worth the pretty penny over the iGrill

Comment

The Fireboard is nice but if you are looking for something for a Kamado Joe I would highly recommend the Flame Boss 300 it already has the fan and you can monitor it on your browser.

Comment

fzxdoc - The bluetooth version of the Meater is shipping, and they are working on the wi-fi version. It should ship before the next eclipse - for sure. Well, probably...

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, RonB , I've been keeping an eye on that Meater. It looks pretty good. But I want one that sports Thermoworks' excellent quick-responding probe design. After all, since I'm wishing, I might as well wish for the best!

K.

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            fzxdoc - I don't think you will see that any time soon. With all the electronics inside the probe, it will be very hard to get the probes much smaller. Did you notice that the probes must be inserted far enough to protect the electronics from pit temps?

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, saw that, RonB . It's going to be interesting to see, after The Meater is commercially available, how well it stands up to routine use. It's good to see someone giving that approach a try, though.

I have had good results with my Tappecue. A little cheaper than the Fireboard, and does everything I need it to. I think I paid about $160.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here