Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not needing the second probe on a smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not needing the second probe on a smoke

While Im making ribs I only need one probe for the BBQ temp. Is there a way to set the smoke so that i dont see the second display blinking?

Thanks

I don't know Smoke, but on the Maverick and the Fireboard, I just disconnect the unused probe from the main box and the display only shows connected probes.

Comment

I keep mine plugged in and off to the side. I find the blinking annoying as heck and this technique lets me know what the ambient temp is around the grill, for whatever that's worth. By your handle I'm guessing you're LE, and we public safety folks tend to the OCD side a little. The only blinking lights I can abide ride on top of our rigs!

Comment

If I remember correctly if I disconnect one probe it blinks on the base and handheld

Comment

The blinking drives me nuts!!!

Comment

You could always Do as CaptainMike says, or use a needle probe in the ribs just for the heck of it. As far as I know, there is no way to turn off the unused port.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here