Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber, SNS calibration w/ Fireboard, an inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber, SNS calibration w/ Fireboard, an inquiry

Has anyone with a FireBoard, Slow ‘N Sear and a Weber 22” already posted the graphs on here for calibration with Kingsford blue bag charcoal?

It would save a lot of time for (us) newbies and be accurate, pretty much, for everything except variable ambient temperature. If it’s already posted, I can’t find it and I’d much prefer seeing somebody else’s graphs to calibrating from scratch in these 100+ degree Texas days. Fireboard and Adrenaline BBQ tell me in emails they don’t have the data. They’d both like to, but my guess is everyone with the equipment reads this site already.

If somebody with the graphs would post ‘em or tell me where they’re already up, that’d be great --

Here are a couple of cooks I have done at 225 and 325. The vent positions aren't the position of the handle, but the actual amount of vent that is open (see here https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...or-slow-n-sear). Hope this helps!

Target temp of 325
    Weather: Clear with 20 MPH Winds
    No water in SNS
    Lit 40 coals in small chimney
    No unlit coals in SNS
    4:53 – Dumped coals (intake vent 1/2 open and exhaust vent fully open)
    5:00 – Vent change - intake vent to 7/8 shut, exhaust vent fully open
    5:17 – Vent change – intake vent to 3/4 shut, exhaust vent fully open

Click image for larger version  Name:	325.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	364762

Target temp of 225
    SNS water reservoir full of hot tap water
    Lit 20 coals in small chimney
    20 unlit coals in SNS

12:11 Dumped Coals (All vents wide open)
    12:34 Put burgers on (vent change - intake vent to 7/8 shut, exhaust vent fully open)

Click image for larger version  Name:	225.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	364763

Comment

Excellent! And thank you, that’s just what I was looking for. As the silly weather cools a bit, perhaps this can be a topic expanded to include variable charcoal amounts over time, charcoal snakes, etc. No need for everyone to reinvent that wheel. With enough data, maybe Craig will move it someday to a front page listing on its own. (Also, I'm a little jealous of people who get to grill with temperatures in the 60s and 70s!)

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, but to grill at those temps also means grilling at 0F or below!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, but to grill at those temps also means grilling at 0F or below!
        kmhfive yer so right about that!!!
        I wouldn't have it any other way...

Glad it was what you were looking for!

Also, welcome to the pit! Spinaker Huskee Henrik

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jimmeier! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...troductions-aa

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here