Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morpilot Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morpilot Anyone?

Was looking on Amazon and for 6 probes for $69, this seems too good to be true. Anyone used one? Was about to buy another Mav or hide a receipt for a Fireboard from my wife.

That does look interesting. I just might have to grab one if I get a chance. I too would love to hear if anyone has any experience with it.

Comment

No experience with that thermometer, but I love my Fireboard.

Comment

Wow. Impressive. Bluetooth only, no receiver besides your phone or tablet, but still... You see the guarantee? "Life-time guarantee. Any probe breakdown we will send you a new probe free."

Hmmm, is this too good to be true or the answer to prayers?

Is "new probe free" singular only?

Comment

We're getting Bill one of these to put through its paces! It may be a bit until he gets it and gets the review finished, but hang in there- he'll put the AmazingRibs.com stamp on it, whichever color it may be!

Comment

Went ahead and got it. Will have some first look info next weekend.

Comment

• kmhfive
              kmhfive commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool! Keep us informed.

Interesting! As always, a test will tell whether it works or not. The price is right, let me tell you that. Already have the Fireboard, but always fun to be able to recommend cheaper models to friends. I know, Bluetooth definitely has its limitations, but still.

Comment

Well, mixed results so far, all the probes were within 1 degree in the boiling water test, but now I have 3 in a butt with a Mav probe and there is quite of bit of disparity. All are within 1" of each other

3 Morpilot show 111,115,113 Mav shows 104, Pen shows 105.

And as I type this, one probe just seemed to die.

Update: later, pulled 3 I had in, have one dead. Added new one. Now they show 136,138,135. Mav and Pen show 133.

And as I type this, one probe just seemed to die. I will keep trying some more but sticking with the Mav for now.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2298.JPG Views:	1 Size:	575.5 KB ID:	368767
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01331.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	368773

Attached Files

Comment

Second Probe failure already. This is a piece of junk. Hopefully Amazon agrees.

Some other observations:

-You can only see a max of 3 probes, have to scroll for others, have not been able to find a way to list all of them on the same screen.

-Bluetooth connection sucks your battery, 3 hours and 80% loss. It is the only thing running on the phone.

-The colors of the probes do not match what is shown on the screen. In the above picture, #1 is actually the red probe #2 is actually yellow, and #3 is actually green.

Last edited by sjburk1; August 25, 2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here