Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Case Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Case Update

A quick update on the status of your FireBoard Case pre-order - We received our case shipment this week; unfortunately, the screen printing on the top of the case was incorrect. Our supplier is already working on the reprints and will be shipping them to us next week. After that we'll begin assembly and should begin shipping on or around August 24th. We sincerely apologize for this delay.
    While technically we have everything to ship out this week, we feel it is best for our supplier to reprint these tops so that it meets our highest quality standards.

On a positive note, all other aspects of the case look great and we feel that you will love how they look. We appreciate your patience as we push to get these in your hands as quickly as possible.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Thank you!

The FireBoard Team

I love that they keep us informed and won't settle for mistakes.

But I want my new toy!!

Comment

I'm impressed with their standards. Also happy to try the new cord wraps when they come, too!

Comment

Spoke with Fireboard at length over the last couple of days about a botched order. They made it right, awesome customer service.

While I had them I asked about the cases and fan cable. Cases started shipping yesterday, 8/29. And pre-order should have them this week or early next.
        Fan cable should be available mid-September, if not sooner.

Anybody get a shipping update on their case?

Comment

No shipping update yet. I'm anxiously awaiting an email.

Do you know if those cables were pre-order ready or actually ready mid-September? No big deal, just curious.

Comment

• Sephon
            Sephon commented
            Editing a comment
            What she told me, is "The fan control cable and fan should be available for sale mid September if not earlier".
            That is a direct quote, I just noticed she said fan cable AND fan. Fireboard fan?!?!

I pre-ordered too, and got the email. No rush for me, but I do look forward to getting the case. Since the main unit is so small and light-weight the probes themselves weigh almost more. Makes it hard to place somewhere. As soon as I touch the probes the main unit tends to slide off the side table. So that little magnet on the back of the case will is very welcome

Comment

• Sephon
            Sephon commented
            Editing a comment
            I've had a probe fall off the table and take the unit with it. I have some lead tape (for fly tying) I attached to the unit.

Very cool, thanks!

Comment

I have not yet received an update to my pre-order either, but am anxiously awaiting the case. I have the same problem Henrik does and is the main reason I bought one!

Comment

A dab of super glue (or double sided tape) and a small neodymium magnet or two will solve the "lack of a magnet" problem.

Magnets don't work (obviously) on granite so I use a silicone trivet to set my Fireboard or other thermos on as it provides some friction so they aren't so readily moved around. Those silicone trivets also are good to have around the grill and prep tables for other uses.

Like these (there are lots of other choices available):

Comment

Email from UPS - my case is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!

Comment

Got my e-mail. Case will be delivered by Tuesday!

Comment

Aw, man! Still no email detailing shipping here. I did only pre-order my case a week and a half ago, though, so I'm probably further down the line.

Comment

• Sephon
                      Sephon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No news here either. Excited to see some pics when Jetski gets his.

• Jetski
                      Jetski commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll post some pics of it in use tomorrow!

UPS delivered My FireBoard Case and 2 Probe Storage Spools! I am Going to Wait Until Tomorrow to Install the Case on My FireBoard! The Pic's are
                    for Those who delayed Placing Their Order‼️ It seems to be Well Made, More in the AM!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	435
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	372840Click image for larger version

Views:	448
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	372843Click image for larger version

Views:	463
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	372844Click image for larger version

Views:	456
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	372841 ​​​​​​​
                    Attached Files

Comment

• kmhfive
                      kmhfive commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very nice! Can't wait to see it in service!

I suffer from MCS as much as the next guy, actually just received my Firebird Extreme edition today, but I can't find a way to justify spending $55 plus shipping in a case for a $189 thermometer. What am I missing here?
                    Last edited by adamjs83; September 2, 2017, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
                      GadjetGriller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      will need to know a little more, like do you live somewhere that has a lot of rain or snow? is your smoker covered and protected from the elements? If you said yes to the first and no to the latter I may have a guess at why you ordered the case. If not just strike it up to MCS. (Make sure you keep all the packing encase you send it back.)

• adamjs83
                      adamjs83 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My grill area is exposed and I get plenty of rain and snow but that isn't the point. $55 just seems like an irrational high price for a case for an already pricey thermometer. Unless the case is made of gold or something.

• GadjetGriller
                      GadjetGriller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the clarification. That does seem high for a 3d printed box I'll stick with my zip lock bag covered by a small (disposable) aluminum pan with a rock from my garden on top and the wires going down through the slats in my side table.

heres a few pics in action. I like having the kickstand. Obviously this isn't for everyone, just like the thermometer isn't as well. I bought it, I like it! To each their own right?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here