Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iGrill "Classic" free upgrade from Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iGrill "Classic" free upgrade from Weber

I have had the original iDevices iGrill since it came out and, like many, have gone through a few probes and have always had connection issues. However, I still love the fact that it shows me my temp history on my iPhone / iPad. Because of the limitations, I never bought the newer iGrills since Weber bought it.

Well, I used my old iGrill (Weber calls it the iGrill Classic) last week with some steaks (with a brand new ambient probe) and it worked well. I tried to use it this week and the iPhone app could not find my iGrill. I checked the bluetooth settings on my phone and it says the iGrill was connected, but the iGrill app never connected to it. I tried reset, clear, new batteries, etc. but nothing worked.

I called iGrill service (844-446-8088) and they said they had just updated the iOS app this week and removed support for the iGrill Classic. This was not cool because I had just bought 2 new probes- ambient and meat. However, they said they were replacing owners of the iGrill Classic with a brand new iDevices Kitchen Thermometer for free (Weber owns this thermometer as well as the iGrills). It will come with 2 new probes and the iGrill app supports it. Weber put mine in the mail the same day I called.

So, if you have original iGrill (the "Classic"!), you may want to call Weber iGrill support and ask.

- CowboyScott

Good info, thanks. I don't know if I have the 'classic', it's an iGrill 2 from iDevices (before Weber purchased them). I noticed the brand new app upgrade, so I had to re-register the device, the charts were gone et.c. Not what I call an improvement really. Glad I have the Fireboard and Smoke thermometers.
    The iGrill 2 does work with the new Weber app though (at least for me). It could be that the 'classic' is the iGrill (1).

Comment

Yes, I have the original iGrill "1"; White and looks like a large deck of cards. This one is no longer supported by the app. Looks like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	L-8Tih9uXRJUti5FveMriDcIeZ7MpEvLoefXZ8WVXlVU8Xjc6FzZtXogsv6_7IRYJraeLACv60wl24dtsIujYv4Jn8k7ismny4njLOqeWz4as36XRoAj_jz2hkITEoXWlcN-O2V9xi4KjiG7uoCJgyVIFMXJBTU6DaFTCxs03-fDWiHLxxA3rK-qS9rkC339esA3U5Jicpf1Nbg3vp2iEfE5mnedjEH5EwoHeMDG_E_qwUfOYeS6LBQA7QiktGA
Views:	1055
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	357983
      Click image for larger version

Name:	U-LM25GIrwax2Mjx80dbsHN0bdV5uVzymjjPvvmYoa4itCOFfRXv3k_7dZXVX1aA2u2H8yzMezmudA4I8fbga-mtCKuWHir8tRlNZaPqt4w5M768u577ERqbLlKzSa6l7KdPJ56tZHkrgk1KiXFK9eHD7DPSFMnnJ2UthkKsGaYyofydNYqVgOiLYRXigraZYE6D_p0qpC1_zNkd2GlBrW007gDwjB4ulRt0TxDNblFZazJTYmuXkUMW8bg-ktf
Views:	1104
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	357984

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here