Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks 15% off sale, ordered a Smoke- goodby Weber igrill and it's crippled app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks 15% off sale, ordered a Smoke- goodby Weber igrill and it's crippled app

Hopefully Weber will fix the horrible update to their igrill app. Just saw the thermoworks 15% off sale (use code: SITEWIDESAVE15) and ordered a Smoke. I hope their probes are better than Weber's and I am hopeful that the wifi gateway will be out soon. I had to replace 4 probes on my igrill in the past several years. I never put them in the dishwasher and was always careful with them. I love the rest of my Weber products - just hate the igrill.

Does anyone know how often they do these? Waiting for another one for the Smoke.

Comment

• cmiller0711
      cmiller0711 commented
      Editing a comment

I love my Smoke! It taught me a whole lot about my grill the first time I used it.

Comment

Great thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by stevey View Post
        Hopefully Weber will fix the horrible update to their igrill app. Just saw the thermoworks 15% off sale (use code: SITEWIDESAVE15) and ordered a Smoke. I hope their probes are better than Weber's and I am hopeful that the wifi gateway will be out soon. I had to replace 4 probes on my igrill in the past several years. I never put them in the dishwasher and was always careful with them. I love the rest of my Weber products - just hate the igrill.
        Once Weber purchased igrill and they started messing with it, igrill went completely to hell. The igrill and igrill2 were very good products, and knowing how Weber also makes a great product, I thought the changes would be minimal. Boy was I wrong. They have managed to take an app that was stable and worked well and turn it into an ok app for grilling, and a worthless app for lower temperature smoking. I hope they fix it all soon, because spending $90 for a piece of hardware and then seeing it become a piece of non-functional junk because of incompetent software and design just really chaps me.

Comment

IDK about the iGrill, but Smoke is da bomb. Big display, sturdy probes, long leads, easy interface. A winner.

Wifi isn't relevant for me, if I'm far enough away to need it I'm also too far away to take advantage of the information. Logging cooks isn't relevant for me, each set of conditions is different and it is more important to know how the cooker acts globally rather than locally.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here