Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iCelsius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Mail-gal....even with political correctness....resist the urge....resist I say...geeez how long you gonna fondle the cables!!! User manual in 0.00512 font...gotta love that...
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 22, 2014, 06:04 PM.

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    Got to say connecting to this directly was, as others have said here, a snap! I miss spoke in the video. In the direct connect mode the iCelcius is the access and you connect to it directly with your phone. It never sees your network.

Less that 3 min. I do need to connect this threw the web app still to see how that goes.

Watch this space.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 22, 2014, 04:48 PM.

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Okay,

Leave a comment:

• Gumby6506
    replied
    Yeah let's see the unboxing! You've been keeping all of us in suspense for this long, show us that bad boy!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    This thing is tracking to arrive today! Anyone care for an un boxing video or no?

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    GREAT NEWS TODAY IT SHIPPED! 31 days after order but hey who's counting right?
    [email protected] [email protected] via yourhostingaccount.com
    12:34 PM (5 hours ago)
    to me

Your order#19905 was shipped

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Thanks Mal.

Leave a comment:

• jrobertson50
    commented on 's reply
    Go for a drum! lol

• Mal Passado
    replied
    Hey guys...interesting conversation. I bought this thermometer the other day and am waiting for it to arrive. After buying the cheapo brands from HD and Walmart, I finally decided to invest in a real thermometer. I probably have more money in the cheap ones than if I just splurged in the first place.

Lat week I came home at lunch to set up the smoker and some baby backs for dinner, but had to return to work. I had no way of monitoring the temps and my wife wouldn't know how to watch the smoker. She would be able to adjust the vents by my recommendations. So I decided on this thermometer so I could monitor from afar.

Based on AR reviews it is a Gold Awarded thermometer. I also was not able to buy the BBQ dual probe through the link on AR, so I had to buy direct from their site.

When I have it set up, I will let everyone know the results.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Thanks Jim much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• jholmgren
    replied
    You should be good to go - from their website:
    "WiFi wireless communication is very stable. It can be configured in the (i) Direct Mode; (ii) Infrastructure mode for local monitoring and (iii) Remote mode for monitoring via internet"

You'll want Remote Mode. If I can help, let me know. Most common home routers have port forwarding available nowadays.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    Dude, I hope this iC is that way... I cant wait.

• jholmgren
    commented on 's reply
    I hear you - I bought the cQ as a birthday gift for myself. Otherwise I would probably still be lusting after it.
    Yes, I set up a port forward on my firewall/router from my public IP to the private IP address of the cQ so I can access it from the public Internet or via the app while outside my own wireless network.

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    Its going to be a fun toy. I looked at the cyberQ as well but needed a lower entry point into the market to test the wifi thing.

Is there an option on the cQ to just punch a hole in your router and go direct or is it strictly a cloud based interface?

I'm hoping to be able to go direct with the iC bit it dont look good for that. This technology is just the coolest so what the heck!

• jholmgren
    replied
    Looks like a similar setup to my CyberQ Wi-Fi (minus the pit fan control). I have 3 food probes and a pit-temp probe, all interface via WiFi to a browser or mobile app. I love it.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here