Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iCelsius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iCelsius?

Is anyone running an iCelsius?

​Thoughts? Hows it working for you?

I got antsy and pulled the trigger on a BBQ Dual... watch this space.

Comment

Who makes it??

Comment

Made by Aginova, review for it:

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_gu...ing_guide.html

I went with the dual prob

Comment

Cool. I just would like one for the graphs. Edit- remote mode and cook while at church also.

My Maverick has been kicking for over a year and has done more all night cooks than I can count. Pit Barrel + Maverick ET-732 = Makes Me Look Like I Really Know What I Am Doing!!
          Last edited by Jerod Broussard; July 21, 2014, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• boftx
            boftx commented
            Editing a comment
            Having about a 6-pack (or 3) per guest on hand also helps.

• fredcanfly
            fredcanfly commented
            Editing a comment
            My Maverick survived a about an hour and a half in the oven! I made the mistake of carrying it on the meat when tranferring from grill to oven and forgot it was there (I blame the beers I was drinking). I remembered shortly after deciding to check to see the temp on the meat. It wasn't on when I pulled it out of the oven, but it came back on after about 5 mins and worked fine (double checked accuracy with my Thermapen). Couldn't believe it!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            @fredcanfly
            The Mavs are solid little units! Glad you didn't melt yours!

I run a maverick as well abd love it. I need an additional one so I'm going to check out this. It's pricy but I redirected some budget I had for another smoker to this so what the heck YOLO.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
            FLBuckeye commented
            Editing a comment
            I got an ET 733 but saw the 732 on sale a lot cheaper so I grabbed one. Got it for $43.96 with Amazon Prime. It was a Lightning deal at the time. Going to need it in November for my first competition

UPDATE:

I had to order from Aginove inc direct to get the dual prob. I had a typo in my email.... dang hate that. Sent a note to their support asking if they could correct that. I got the paypal confirmation but have no idea when its going to ship. I feel like I'm watching paint dry. I'm jonesin for this thing bad.

Comment

Oh man. I was going to get a smart phone in hopes of getting this item. Well, I got back from work Friday and ended up buying furniture, so no phone for a while.

Got to work today and turns out my $10 worth of raffle tickets won me a 7" tablet that has Chrome and is running Android 4.1, so looks like I can check that dude out when you give me a good report on it.

I also need to get another Kettle soon.....my el cheapo 22.5 bit the dust.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Furniture is good.

I'm eyeing the copper-colored Weber kettle myself. Too bad the 26" is twice the price of the 22", literally. I don't understand why....

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              Dude 22 is PRETTY BIG just sayin. Keep watching craigslist. course you won't find copper or a 26 IMHO. ( well there's a copper performer on CL in AA right now, think ist 22 and copper but high priced I'll go look)

I dont get the price disparage. Same deal with WSM. Can't cost that much more to build.

Sorry, red brick, 22, set up nice but pricey. Worth it perhaps but kinda high I think.
              Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 4, 2014, 07:17 PM.

• jrobertson50
              jrobertson50 commented
              Editing a comment
              Go for a drum! lol

Just got off the phone with Aginova checking on my order. (Remember I had a typo in my email) They got that fixed. They were very cool.

The new units are in the DC but getting an app update. This thing should be shipping shortly.

Comment

Cool. Read the review again on the website yesterday. Going through all the new reviews.

Comment

Looks like a similar setup to my CyberQ Wi-Fi (minus the pit fan control). I have 3 food probes and a pit-temp probe, all interface via WiFi to a browser or mobile app. I love it.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its going to be a fun toy. I looked at the cyberQ as well but needed a lower entry point into the market to test the wifi thing.

Is there an option on the cQ to just punch a hole in your router and go direct or is it strictly a cloud based interface?

I'm hoping to be able to go direct with the iC bit it dont look good for that. This technology is just the coolest so what the heck!

• jholmgren
                  jholmgren commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear you - I bought the cQ as a birthday gift for myself. Otherwise I would probably still be lusting after it.
                  Yes, I set up a port forward on my firewall/router from my public IP to the private IP address of the cQ so I can access it from the public Internet or via the app while outside my own wireless network.

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude, I hope this iC is that way... I cant wait.

You should be good to go - from their website:
                "WiFi wireless communication is very stable. It can be configured in the (i) Direct Mode; (ii) Infrastructure mode for local monitoring and (iii) Remote mode for monitoring via internet"

You'll want Remote Mode. If I can help, let me know. Most common home routers have port forwarding available nowadays.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim much appreciated.

Comment

Hey guys...interesting conversation. I bought this thermometer the other day and am waiting for it to arrive. After buying the cheapo brands from HD and Walmart, I finally decided to invest in a real thermometer. I probably have more money in the cheap ones than if I just splurged in the first place.

Lat week I came home at lunch to set up the smoker and some baby backs for dinner, but had to return to work. I had no way of monitoring the temps and my wife wouldn't know how to watch the smoker. She would be able to adjust the vents by my recommendations. So I decided on this thermometer so I could monitor from afar.

Based on AR reviews it is a Gold Awarded thermometer. I also was not able to buy the BBQ dual probe through the link on AR, so I had to buy direct from their site.

When I have it set up, I will let everyone know the results.

Comment

Thanks Mal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here