Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(semi) Patiently awaitin' th' Rollout on these items...
    Now, if we can jus' get teched up, an' have some wireless probes....
    Oh, it'll happen, right after I buy another several $$$ thermo, lol!!!

Comment

The Fireboard Case is finally here. It comes in two colors and everything they said it would. Seems a bit pricey at $55, but I suppose it's worth it since I've already got $250 invested into it. Ordered mine up a few minutes ago.

Get both protection from the elements for your FireBoard FBX11 Model. The weather resistant case gives your FireBoard full functionality in all conditions.

Comment

Just checked the Fireboard website and the case is available for pre-order. Price tag is $55 and is shipping on 7/31. Just put in my order.

Comment

Got that email about an hour ago as well. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. I may very soon.

Comment

I also got the E-mail. The case is cool. I like how they are actually listening to their customers.

I am not gonna lie, I was hoping for the controller expansion pack. That case isn't cheap. I might just have to stick with the Zip-loc. I guess it depends on how my MCS flares up.

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Trying to limit your MCS acquisitions is only temporary to make you feel like a responsible adult. We ALL know it's just a matter of time before you pull that trigger...😂

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, So true....so true. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. Breadhead

Kind of underwhelmed with the case. I guess if you need to plug in an external battery pack you still need a waterproof case for your external battery.

I'll just stick with my fifty cent GladWare disposable container which is large enough for Fireboard and a battery.

Comment

I pre-ordered the case. I have a battery, but only use it to recharge the Fireboard. So far, the FireBoard has outlasted my longest cooks.

Comment

• lonnie mac
                lonnie mac commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine too. Dang dang long time.

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too./ 24- hour battery life.

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
              I also got the E-mail. The case is cool. I like how they are actually listening to their customers.

I am not gonna lie, I was hoping for the controller expansion pack. That case isn't cheap. I might just have to stick with the Zip-loc. I guess it depends on how my MCS flares up.
              I'm right there with ya brother. I was kinda hoping for that also. I don't really need the case as most of my stuff is under a patio and I don't go anywhere anyway. I have my custom FireBoard holder, and it works great for now!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	350347

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha, that is awesome! You gotta send that to Fireboard!

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                You got it figured out!!! Why waste money on stuff you don't need.👍

Personally I really think the new case looks very cool, but part of me want's to know why the heck was this not the original case to start with. I had to do a head spin at first thinking that this was a new FireBoard design all together. Then I realize what they are doing.

I'm gonna hold on to my flip-flop idea, (patent pending) for just a bit longer. Once the fan and the cable comes out, I'll spring for a package deal I hope. One thing for sure though, I love my dang dang FireBoard!

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                The flip flop idea is too cool lonnie mac !!! Patent pending is hilarious, brilliant!

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Patent Pending! LOL!

Holder for my cyberq mounts at any angle holder can be mounted upside down under the table. If i worry about the rain i use a Ziploc bag over the entire unit. Other holder in the back holds my light at night, maybe 30.00 invested for both Click image for larger version

Name:	20170721_085510.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	350462

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I've got one of those in my truck!

I ordered mine last night. I could stick to the ziplock bags but I'm a glutton for new gadgets so I bit the bullet.

Comment

I feel $55 is a lot of money for a case. I'll be looking for a review when some of you receive your units. I'm really waiting for the controller which hopefully works with my pit viper fan.

Comment

$55 for a silicone case is a little high in my book if you ask me. A ziplock bag works for me.

Comment

By the time I get that into Canada it would be over $100. Bit too pricey for a case. Guess the ziplock will work for a while.

Comment

Really like the looks of the case, but MAN, I was really hoping for a cable and fan. I'm really chomping at the bit to get a fan and controller setup, but I love the Fireboard so much, I just need to keep waiting I guess.

I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the case until I see some reviews on here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here