Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Updates

Exciting new updates from FireBoard Labs

We've been hard at work building more features and accessories for your FireBoard. See below for the latest updates!
    • in-app notifications we started rolling out this functionality last week to the iOS and Android apps! these notifications are unlimited and you can choose between three different alert sounds
    • Bluetooth notifications this works together with the in-app notifications to provide alert functionality even when the FireBoard doesn't have an internet connection
    • single chart view and sparklines these were added on the Dashboard Detail view on iOS and Android app which makes it very easy to view just one channel at a time
    • channel names viewable on the FireBoard LCD screen a subtle, but handy feature

Power up your FireBoard and make sure it has a WiFi connection, and it will automatically download the latest firmware within about 30 minutes. Since there are several updates, it may restart once and update another package after rebooting.

Many have asked about our progress on a case and our fan control solution. Here are some details!

FireBoard Case:
    • water resistant and helps protect the FireBoard base unit
    • this will be ready for pre-order in the next 2 weeks
    • the case will include a built in kickstand and magnets
    • a loop is also built in with an included strap for many easy mounting options
    Fan Control:
    • this control cable will work with all existing FireBoards using the auxilliary port already built in
    • drives most 12V fans on the market already
    • runs off the main FireBoard battery or a 12V power supply
    • variable speed
    • of course, control capabilities will be fully integrated to the FireBoard Cloud for remote management
    • ready for pre-order soon
    Thank you for being part of the FireBoard experience and for helping us spread the word!

More exciting news, features and updates will be coming soon!

www.fireboard.com

I received this in an email.

Yes, got the email this morning, finally a case! I love the Fireboard, but with such high quality, heavy probes that little box is just dangling. The case is what I've been missing, so can't wait to get one.

Anyone know what the latest version of the firmware is? Mine says 3.0 in the app, but I can't figure out if that is the latest version or not. I did send them an email, I'll post here if I get a reply.

Comment

I'm looking forward to both the case and the fan control. I don't have a blower right now because I wanted to see how this works out.

Comment

Just received my fireboard yesterday. Cannot wait to try it fir the first time next week!!

Comment

Hey are you Ted from FireBoard.

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't I wish! I once emailed them a question about the fan because there was a rumor that it was out. I think I started "Ted, this is Ted"

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            That's funny.

Just turned mine on to see if it update. My version currently says 3.0 as well but that might be the app version.

Comment

When I turned mine on, the VersionNode in the device menu read 3.2.2 and it now reads 4.0 so I am assuming that is the upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by jgreen View Post
              When I turned mine on, the VersionNode in the device menu read 3.2.2 and it now reads 4.0 so I am assuming that is the upgrade?
              Good question. My versionNode in the Device Log says - 4.1.0

Comment

My versionNode in the Device Log also says 4.1.0

Comment

• jgreen
                  jgreen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine does too. I may have just missed it in first glance Thanks

I was reading my email last night. Honestly I am not hip to all the fan lingo, never used one but I do want one now that I have the Fireboard. AND with my new WSCGC I already have a fan port built in! But it appears I will have to go to a Fireboard competitor to purchase a fan?
                • drives most 12V fans on the market already

Comment

• tbob4
                  tbob4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with you. When I bought mine and inquired about the fan the indicated that they were working on one. I will wait until their model comes out but it really is nice to know that device will be compatible with what people already have, as well.

Alright, they were quick to reply about version, this is the answer I got:

On the iOS app, I believe the version is viewable from the Account tab (at the bottom). 3.0.0 is the latest iOS version.

For the FireBoard firmware that runs on the device itself, our server will push updates to the FireBoard automatically. You can actually see the latest versions by doing to Devices > [Your FireBoard Name] > Device Log.

If you look at the tags "versionJava", "versionUtils", and "versionNode" these should be the following:

versionJava = 6.1.5
                versionUtils = 5.0.0
                versionNode = 4.1.0

I hope that helps.

Comment

• kmhfive
                  kmhfive commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks!

Yes!!! I have been waiting for this. Really looking forward to seeing this develop.

Comment

I used mine this weekend with the new updates. I have to say, I love the new notifications option and opting out of the texting/emailing portion of alarms. It was nice to have while they were there, but I prefer the notification.

On another fireboard related note, has anyone ever used/have the sous-vide probe? It looks like it'd be a great probe for monitoring a deep fryer.

Comment

I would like Fireboard to come out with their own fan. However, since I already own a Pit Viper fan from BBQ Guru, I do hope it is compatible.
                    I know there will be times when I will want to run both at the same time, so I will need an additional fan anyway.

Comment

Has anyone seen an update on the case or control cable?

I'm with you Spinaker , I would love to see them make their own fan, but in the mean time, I will need to acquire a compatible fan, once the cable is released.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here