Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inkbird Digital Wireless Bluetooth Grill Smoking BBQ Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inkbird Digital Wireless Bluetooth Grill Smoking BBQ Thermometer

I'm not promoting this I just came across it on Amazon. Just thought I would share it with you all and get your thoughts on it and no I'm not planning on getting it.

I bought one back in October or so when they first came out.
    Its not too bad for the price but I wouldn't purchase again.
    One of the probes has already gone haywire,
    although they are suppose to be sending me
    a replacement for free. I like being able to use
    my phone and not carry another monitor and
    it does give you a nice graph of your cooks.
    I paid 28 when I bought mine, figured it was worth
    checking out.

Comment

I have used other Bluetooth models before and usually get frustrated with them. It usually takes to long to reconnect when you go out of range. Maybe I'm just too impatient, but they always seem to make me angry

Comment

I have one that I use for mash temperatures. I have tried it with BBQ once. It is accurate enough. It reconnects to my iPhone quickly, but it has the range limit of Bluetooth. Now that I have the Fireboard, I probably won't use it for BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
          ... and no I'm not planning on getting it.

Hahahaha!!! The thermometer king hath spoketh.

Comment

Does that thing have an acronym? Wowzer!

I've just never found bluetooth a good solution to anything.

Comment

My wife got me one for Christmas, I like it. I checked it in Boiling water today and it is accurate. It eats up batteries pretty fast but could get rechargables if needed. Not very good range on the Bluetooth but it connects well with Apple devices.

Comment

I have the Maverick ET 735, with 4 probe thermometers, that very few people in the Pit like. It's blue tooth and I've never had a problem with it losing its connection and it's Maverick accurate on all 4 probes. I thought the 4 probe capability and the ability to track it on my iPad while I watched football games was pretty cool. When it breaks down I'll buy something else but it's been going strong for a few years now.

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's hard to beat those Mavericks

Thermometers are for sissies. Just poke your meat.

Comment

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Be very careful Huskee ...🙀 You work for the guy that said fools like us Pit members are not experienced enough to make the poke technique work. It's the ONLY reason I bought my first Thermapen. However... if I had no Thermapen with me and someone asked me to grill a steak... I could do it.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here