Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke Thermometer Malfunctioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Thermometer Malfunctioning

My 1st Smoke thermometer started malfunctioning after the 1st or second cook. I called Thermoworks and they replaced it ASAP and I sent the other one back but kept the probes. The second one is now malfunctioning, I sent them pics of it malfunctioning again. They are sending me a 3rd overnight and they also said forget about sending the second one back. Wow...talk about customer service. How many jellybeans can I eat?

Thermoworks has great customer service. I had a problem with a big and loud timer it was anything but loud and they replaced it right away. I also had an issue with a probe giving me crazy readings they were quick to send me a new one . I own a smoke just wondering what was it doing malfunction wise?

Comment

My wife doesn't care what I order from Thermoworks as long as she gets the jellybeans.

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
        My wife doesn't care what I order from Thermoworks as long as she gets the jellybeans.
        You just made that story up. There ain't no girl like that.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know about jelly beans, but my wife would go for chocolate!

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          David Parrish - of course I made it up - notice the wink after the ".".

Last box I got from Thermoworks, I had to assure my wife that it was a warranty replacement, NOT a new thermometer! Only then did she put down the frying pan she was about to whack me with....

Comment

For a product that supposed to be so GREAT people are having a lot of problems with it. Glad I still got my faithful old Mavericks.

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a problem with mine at first, but it has been resolved. I think they had a problem in their first run. I personally will not go back to Maverick. Never really liked mine. Totally NOT intuitive, and crap for probes.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Had my Mavericks going on 4 years now....zero problems.

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            I've always like my Maverick ET-732. I totally don't worry about hi/lo temp alarms, so that aspect didn't really matter for me anyhow. For $60, the ET-732 is a great product.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here