Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick ET-732

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick ET-732

I just ordered this thermometer with a remote transmission with an RF receiver and probes I've never used one in my life but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this setup will help me make more consistent food on my Weber grill 26 inch charcoal I'm all ears if anyone else has any recommendations that would help me be a better outdoor cook

I also have the maverick et-732 and that alone will up your game significantly as you will now know what is going on in your smoker and product.

Comment

Jimmie Rhoden, I have the Maverick et 733 Version, basically the Same as you just Acquired! I purchased while I was in a Nursing Home from Jan-June 2015 recovering from My Basement Diving Experiment! I had My iPad with and I spent about every minute Awake going over AmazingRibs.Com and Reading the Reviews by Pit Club Members and I Purchased It as My First Dual Probe Thermometer! I have used it a Lot and it is Still Using the Original Batteries! The only Negative Comment I Have is I am Not a Computer Programmer and I am Not the Sharpest Knife in the Drawer and for Me it is Very Difficult to Set the Temp and Cook Alarms On! So I Don't and it Functions Fine as Long as I can Remember What I'm Cooking! Here Where it Cools off during the Winter it is Nice to be able to Monitor the Grill Temp and the Food Temp from the Kitchen Table!
      You have done Well My Friend!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	11 Size:	53.3 KB ID:	286776Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	286778Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	667.3 KB ID:	286775Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	921.4 KB ID:	286777

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jimmie, I have since Aquired a FireBoard 6 Probe Thermometer that transmits via the iCloud to both my iPad and My Cell phone!
        Check out Ratings and Reviews Sections on AmazingRibs.Com 's Homepage! Both the Maverick 732 & the FireBoard are Rated Gold!
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Lowjiber
        Lowjiber commented
        Editing a comment
        Dan, I agree that the 733 is difficult to program temps without the directions and a NASA scientist looking over one's shoulder. I switched to the Smoke when they first came out and the 733 is somewhere in my shed.

• jgreen
        jgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree on the setup for the 733. I hear the 732 is a bit easier to program.

You will love it keep the probes dry, the grate probe couple of inches from your meat, if your doing pork but or brisket and it hits the stall trust your thermometer it is still working

Comment

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        If one or both start acting up they have a little bit of moisture in them stick them in a warm oven for a little bit and they will be good as new

• Jimmie Rhoden
        Jimmie Rhoden commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the tip I'll remember that

Here's a picture of my grill's cheapo hood thermometer vs my Maverick ET-732 with the probe clipped directly to my food grate. This, alone, will make a huge difference in your grill mastery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3417.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	357.8 KB
ID:	286793

Comment

• Jimmie Rhoden
        Jimmie Rhoden commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing that pic wow that is a huge difference to me

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Jimmie Rhoden Before I got the Maverick, I thought I was cooking at good temps, but my food outcomes weren't great. I couldn't figure out why until I got a good digital thermometer

Jimmie Rhoden, the Slow n Sear XL would make your 26" Weber into a dynamite smoker and searing machine. I highly recommend you look into one.

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the regular one for my 22" kettle, and I love it.

• Jimmie Rhoden
        Jimmie Rhoden commented
        Editing a comment
        I pulled the trigger and made the purchase too many people were recommending it too much and everybody seems to be happy with it

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent choice! You will up your grill game considerably. It will make temp control a LOT easier.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here