Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Smoke dual probe troubles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all make valid points. ronminbc , thanks for the thorough diagnosis...that briefly sent me back to neurophysiology class! Ive been pleased with the Smoke, minus that one incident. I'll make the Thermoworks team aware of what happened. I'm also going to order two back up probes to have on hand. Thanks to all for the input to date.

Comment

I have had way more trouble with Maverick probes than Thermoworks probes. I haven't replaced a Thermoworks probe yet. But the Smoke receiver on the other hand... it makes me wonder if Thermoworks is having quality control issues, or they rushed the Smoke into production too quickly. I just received a warranty replacement of my receiver. It would not sync with the base any longer. And of course, it quit in the middle of a long cook, on the coldest day I had cooked yet, meaning I had to keep peeking out the back door to check temps. Grrrrrr...

I have read in the Pit that others have had this issue with the receiver. It definitely makes me wonder if Thermoworks is slipping a bit.

That said, they do have good customer service. They sent me a replacement with no argument. They were very pleasant to deal with.
      Last edited by Thunder77; March 11, 2017, 07:18 AM. Reason: Added content

Comment

• TimRobinson
        TimRobinson commented
        Editing a comment
        Thunder77, So sorry for your frustration. This problem affected a small percentage of our very first batch of Smokes. If you contact our customer service at [email protected] or 1-800-393-6434 today, they will replace the unit and you will be printing smiley faces again. Tim (@ThermoWorks)

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tim, I have already received and synced the warranty replacement receiver. I am all happy again!

• TimRobinson
        TimRobinson commented
        Editing a comment
        Hooray!

I toasted a grate probe for the smoke when I let my kamado get out of hand with flames coming out the top vent. Watch out for that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here