Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless (No Probe Wires) WiFi Dual Temp Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless (No Probe Wires) WiFi Dual Temp Thermometer

I stumbled onto this today and really liked the concept. One probe for internal meat and grill temps without probe wires got me thinking. Basic setup uses smartphone / tablet app but another option has a display built into nice looking butcher block. Check it out.

Meater is the only meat thermometer that will guarantee perfectly cooked meats every time you cook. | Check out 'MEATER: The Only Wire-Free Smart Meat Thermometer' on Indiegogo.

Sounds neat and would be nice with no wires, but i am done with thermometers for now, the cookers are starting to look like some type of alien test project. Now if someone would invent a automatic roast roller and tieing machine i would be interested in that

Comment

I believe that's a firestarter thing I saw somewhere here a few months ago. Looks pretty cool. We'll have to see if it's all that it's cracked up to be. I'll be keeping an eye on it. Thanks for the post to remind me about it.

Comment

This has been around for quite a while with long delays in the delivery date. I hate the wires everyone uses. They are constantly in the way and hard to store. So if the Meater gets good reviews, I'm on it.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll second that.

• cgrover60
          cgrover60 commented
          Editing a comment
          Production and delivery does still look a bit challenged but I like the concept and hope it comes along.

If it nails it.

Comment

I've been bidin' my time, waitin' for this tech t' develop, as I ain't gonna blow holes in alla my cookers, especially th' vintage Webers.
          It'll happen, an' I'm generally fairly patient. ;-)

Comment

Staaaaaaay Awaaaaay!!!!!!!!!! Black hole for backers

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that's why we're sitting back and seeing what happens.

They have been taking people's money for two years.

Comment

Regardless of the company or it's reputation, when I looked at the thermo, it is large. I have enough issue with the concept of putting the Fireboard sized thermo in my roast. I wouldn't use it on a steak. If they come up with a needle sized non-wired thermo I would bite, but not for the first couple of years to read everyone's reviews and to wait for the price to come down. Like you, cgrover60, I like the concept a bunch. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Last delay was the need to redesign the units because they had collected so much money. It was (and I think still is) the most revenue ever produced on Kickstarter. And that was late in 2015. Do a search on "meater" here in the forums.

Best regards,
                Jim

Comment

I'm in for Meater's 4 probe + block package. I'll do some good testing when it arrives and let everyone know my thoughts FWIW.

I've found some minor issues with Smoke already, it's not indestructible. I'm sure Meater will have its qualms too. They all do.

Comment

• Steve B
                    Steve B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Huskee I knew you would make the transition seamless. Already on the ball. You've got my vote. Awesome.

• Dr ROK
                    Dr ROK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ditto!

I'm getting the Meater for Christmas circa 2025.

Comment

• Willy
                    Willy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I made your recommended SV creme brulee yesterday. THANKS for that. I had a very good recipe already, but SV is SO much easier!

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                  I'm getting the Meater for Christmas circa 2025.
                  Don't you mean you're getting it in 2015? (equally as funny if you ask me)

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, I like to wait at least one year after the kickstarter is over and they're shipping.

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hah!

Alrighty. I didn't realize there was history with the Meater here but good to get in the loop, thanks for the info. I admire the adversity start-ups face and when the products are successful like GrillGrates, the Slow-N-Sear and the Pit Barrel Cooker and we can all cook better or faster or easier then sink or swim I hope they just keep trying.

Comment

In the video, Derick needs to make up his mind if cooking steaks on a gasser is more important than a water balloon fight. LOL

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here