Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Smoke Gateway (Wifi) coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPGators17
    commented on 's reply
    awesome.

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Good news. The gateway will work with your Smoke. From ThermoWorks / Smoke / More Info:

6. When Smoke Gateway (Wi-Fi Bridge) comes out will it work with my existing Smoke or do I need to buy a new Smoke base unit?
    Smoke Gateway will work with your existing Smoke when it becomes available. You will not need to buy a new Smoke. Smoke Gateway simply retrieves the wireless transmission from Smoke and pushes it to your Smartphone.

Leave a comment:

• GadjetGriller
    replied
    JPGators17 I'm sorry to say that unless they already built the WiFi radio into the unit (which they may have if they knew it was coming soon but I wouldnt bet of it) you will have to get the next generation of Smoke to get the WiFi and app capability.

Oh Im a bit slow the gateway is an add on device!! I figured it was just a feature the new ones would have built in. Ok so as usual I'm wrong! (happens all the time lol) very kool deal.
    Last edited by GadjetGriller; February 2, 2017, 12:50 PM. Reason: add a update

Leave a comment:

• GadjetGriller
    replied
    Yep I have a security camera that is WiFi I set it up so I can see the maverick Cant make any adjustments but its nice piece of mind while I'm out getting the things I forgot to get for the cook the day before!
    Last edited by GadjetGriller; February 2, 2017, 11:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JPGators17
    commented on 's reply
    Funny, I was just joking about how I should use our doggy cam for that.

• tbob4
    replied
    JPGators17 - Hahahahahahaha. Wait until you feel like you have a fever. I'll bet she puts that Smoke thermometer to good use. And you think her response time is slow now?

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    replied
    You know what I do? I have a camera supposed to be used as a baby monitor. I've repurposed it to be a BabyQ cam. Problem solved (for me anyway).

Leave a comment:

• JPGators17
    started a topic Thermoworks Smoke Gateway (Wifi) coming...

Thermoworks Smoke Gateway (Wifi) coming...

In case it isn't common knowledge, I just noticed that the Smoke thermometer features list says "COMING 2017 - Smoke Gateway (Wi-Fi) & Smartphone App" at the bottom.

Coincidentally, I am currently at work and having to get temp updates on the chuck roast I'm smoking from my wife, who's at home, via text message right now. She's not exactly thrilled about the temp checking requests, and I'm not thrilled with her slow response time, so this will be a welcome addition with my MCS!

Anyone know if the original units can be adapted, or will Wifi capability only be built in to the next generation of Smoke?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here