Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    The warranty on the ET 732 is 90 days from date of purchase, this includes both probes and the units.

Probe maintenance- DO NOT EVER get the joint of the wire & probe wet. Obviously this means don't soak them or leave them out in rain, even simply being in high humidity can affect them. This can cause them to read crazy high numbers, 189 degrees outside in ambient air when it's 75 degrees out, for instance. Even getting the plug end wet and inserting it can cause an erroneous readout. Moisture is the enemy. If you have this happen, bake the probe ends in your oven at 350-400 degrees for an hour or longer. This usually dries them out and returns them to good-as-new working order. Don't throw them out w/o first trying this.

Probe cleaning- a good way to clean them is to use a dishrag and soap but stay clear of the joint. If there's a lot of black buildup, a ball of foil cleans it pretty good. A Clorox wipe or similar will be good too. Let it dry before inserting it in meat if using chemical cleaning wipes.

Lastly, they do sell waterproof hybrid probes now. I would suggest buying the 6' waterproof probes, and not only will you have longer and more convenient wires, but better probes. The link to those via Amazon is here: https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Th...ag=amazi0a8-20 On Amazon they are roughly $10/ea or two for $20.

You can buy them directly from Maverick's website too, but you'll pay more ($20/ea or two for $33) and that doesn't help AR or you!

Leave a comment:

• Advantage49
    started a topic First thermometer

First thermometer

I'm looking to invest in a decent thermometer that reads meat and grill temperature. After reading the reviews I've settle on the Mav 732. However I couldn't find the warranty information for the probes. I've seen some offer lifetime probe replacement and was wondering what is offered on the 732

can someone also run me through the proper way to clean proves for longevity

thanks again.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here