Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke thermometer on sale!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke thermometer on sale!

This MIGHT be an error as Thermoworks has told us they weren't putting Smoke on sale. Use promo code "SAVEMORE16" and you'll get at least 10% off depending on how much you buy in total. If it IS an error the code may not work for long. Act quick. Jus sayin...

Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

It works, but it works on all purchases of course, not just Smoke. It takes the Smoke price down $9.90 (10%) so with shipping @$3.99 the total is $93.09. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That's why I think it might be an error. It's likely they meant to exclude the Smoke. They just forgot.

Comment

It does work! I tried it just now, for one Smoke. It gave me 10% off. ($9.90) That will cover shipping, at least!

Comment

David Parrish do you reccomend purchasing any additional probes for the smoke? How long are those probes tha come with it?

Comment

Originally posted by W.A. View Post
            David Parrish do you reccomend purchasing any additional probes for the smoke? How long are those probes tha come with it?
            All probes have 4 foot cables. I absolutely LOVE the waterproof needle probe so grab one or two of those. They work great as a meat probe for your pit. Cable isn't quite as durable as the metal only cables but I've been using a few needle probes for months now and they're going strong.

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              I paid full price for mine as well. I have no doubt it was worth it. Thermoworks makes it pretty clear that the sale price does not apply to previous purchases. Bummer!

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              As many sales as they run I don't think they'd be able to keep up with all the refunds. They're like a clothing store. You have to monitor the emails for a while to get a sense of what the best sales are, then pounce when the iron is hot!

• W.A.
              W.A. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. Ordered it. 15% off my order.

I'm still not biting

Comment

I'm hearing that if you bought Smoke between Friday and Tuesday they'll extend you the discount if you ask nicely. If anyone tries this please let us know if you're successful.

Comment

Gotta love the Thermoworks folks. I ordered a Smoke about 20 minutes after midnight on 30 Nov. (not knowing about the "SAVEMORE16" discount that hadn't even been announced yet). They actually applied the discount on my behalf and without my knowledge and took the 10% ($9.90) off the original order amount. Nice!
                Last edited by MBMorgan; December 1, 2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
                  Gotta love the Thermoworks folks. I ordered a Smoke about 20 minutes after midnight on 30 Nov. (not knowing about the "SAVEMORE16" discount that hadn't even been announced yet. They actually applied the discount on my behalf and without my knowledge and took the 10% ($9.90) off the original order amount. Nice!
                  That's GREAT to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
                    I'm still not biting
                    Key word: still. Still, in this context, can be defined as: "up to and including the present or the time mentioned; even now (or then) as formerly."

Still does not include any future time, such as tomorrow. Who you foolin' Deedubs?

Comment

• Craigar
                      Craigar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He is holding out for the Wi-Fi version.

Thanks for sharing this! I needed new probes for ChefAlarms, saved 10%.

Comment

So possible stupid question here about this product... I have the Maverick ET-732 which says 300 ft connection, but this Smoke says
                      • Wireless to 300-feet line of sight
                      Is it truly LOS, or does it work just like my 732 where I can walk all around my house without losing the signal on the hand unit?

Comment

• DrBob
                        DrBob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have used my Smoke in two cooks and it has stayed with me wherever I have moved throughout my house with no dead spots.

• Yelnoc
                        Yelnoc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        mine too - went thru an outside wall and two interior walls - no complex setup either - turn it on it pairs automatically

Mine arrived this morning ... that's the good news. The bad news is that the EW ("Evil Woman" ... new acronym for the Pit) grabbed and wrapped it before I could play with it. I guess it's what I'm getting for Christmas ... sigh ...

Comment

Originally posted by rip1877 View Post
                        So possible stupid question here about this product... I have the Maverick ET-732 which says 300 ft connection, but this Smoke says
                        • Wireless to 300-feet line of sight
                        Is it truly LOS, or does it work just like my 732 where I can walk all around my house without losing the signal on the hand unit?
                        It's 2.4 Ghz radio ... good out to 300 ft LOS. Unless you live in a thick-walled stone castle located 299 ft. from the transmitter you should be fine wandering around most, if not all, of the house.
                        Last edited by MBMorgan; December 2, 2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here