Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermapen 10 degrees off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermapen 10 degrees off

I've had a thermapen for many years now, and its suddenly about 10 degrees high. Anyone know if there's a way to calibrate it without sending it in? Yes, I replaced the battery.

Your going to have to send it in. I am not aware of anything you can do yourself. But contact their customer service. They are great to work with.

Comment

I agree with Spinaker. I think I saw some youtube thing about dissecting it to make adjustments, but I cannot recommend that. Calibration is an exact science, and if you let them do it and it gets goofed up, it their problem to make right. Just be thankful you're not held to the calibration standards that apply to the aviation world.

Comment

Did you replace the battery? Bwahahahah! I had to.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw something on calibrating one of them Thermapens.

Comment

Here ya go:

Comment

• Abom
              Abom commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! I'll give it a try. edit: Annnd it works! It's not perfect yet, setting it to exactly 32 or 212 throws off the other end, so I'll have to take some time finessing it, but it's already far better than it was. I'll admit it's not really an *Instant* read anymore, so maybe I really should just replace it, but at $100, I'll try to avoid it.
              Last edited by Abom; November 29, 2016, 10:03 AM.

This is for the MK4. Do you think you can do this with the classic Thermapen?

Comment

• Abom
              Abom commented
              Editing a comment
              It says "original" in the PDF. Isn't the MK4 the latest one? I know mine is really old, and the instructions match the one I have.

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Good deal. The one in the picture looked like they were using the MK4 but maybe I was wrong.

I would contact Thermoworks and see what they have to say. Their customer service is known to be top notch, who knows, they may fix it or you may end up with a new Thermapen.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here