Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lookee What I Just Got!! 😎

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookee What I Just Got!! 😎

This just came in this week. I have a brisket cook coming up. Can't wait to use it!!
    Attached Files

Hmmmm I have no clue what that is.

Comment

Congrats - I'm sure you will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by jgjeske1 View Post
        This just came in this week. I have a brisket cook coming up. Can't wait to use it!!
        Thunder77 , Suh-Weet!
        I'm tryin' t' hold off 'til after Christmas. Wish me luck! MCS.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, good luck with that, brother! 😝

You're gonna love it!

Comment

I just took it out of the box to play with it. It feels VERY solidly made. But I would absolutely expect that from Thermoworks. The units synced within 10 seconds after pulling the plastic tabs from the battery compartment. The alarm setup is so easy, even Jerod and Pit Boss should have no trouble with it! 😬😬😝 JK, BTW! 😎 The probes are the usual solid quality that Thermoworks produces. And they are interchangeable with Dot and ChefAlarm.

I will post more after my first cook, but so far I am impressed.

Comment

I just took it out of the box to play with it. It feels VERY solidly made. But I would absolutely expect that from Thermoworks. The units synced within 10 seconds after pulling the plastic tabs from the battery compartment. The alarm setup is so easy, even Jerod and Pit Boss should have no trouble with it! 😬😬😝 JK, BTW! 😎 The probes are the usual solid quality that Thermoworks produces. And they are interchangeable with Dot and ChefAlarm.

I'm jus' keepin' mum-like. goin outside t' check on my butt.

That's all I got t' say about that...

Comment

Hahahahah I wrote directions for the Mavericks for the lay person and I reset my Mavericks often with ease. PLEASE!

Comment

Jerod Broussard Sorry, I just couldn't resist a little poke!! 😬

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can take it....the electric cattle prods are too much, though

Congrats! You'll really like it. Smoke was my best friend on my overnight chuck roast cook. I set the low temp alarm for 220 and it woke me up at 2 a.m. so I could stumble outside and refill the charcoal. I was using my PartyQ so I knew that it was time to refill if the pit temp dropped that low. Fortunately I got outside before the Smoke alarm woke up too many neighbors.

Comment

• MBMorgan
                  MBMorgan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too bad there appears to be no way to silence the outside alarm without silencing the remote, too.

I love mine! I think you will certainly enjoy it. So easy to use.

Comment

MBMorgan I agree it's annoying that turning off the remote alarm doesn't also turn off the base alarm. And vice versa. This is something I'm giving Thermoworks feedback on. Hoping it can be fixed with a firmware update pushed out by the gateway.

Comment

• shush
                    shush commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not near mine right now, but can't you mute the external unit? Then you just worry about the remote...

Awesome! I ordered mine last week, can't wait to get it and try it out.

Comment

I got mine the day before turkey day and I'm in love. I can't believe they only charge $99 for that tank of a thermometer. This may sound trivial, but my favorite (unexpected) part is the NASA grade (made that up) magnets on the back of the base. I always hated having my Maverick base dangling, or hanging off the edge of whatever the closest surface was. I have my kettle next to a grill that I can slap the base onto magnetically and it won't budge. Congrats and enjoy!

Comment

Great unit, love mine

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here