Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Temp Air Probe Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Temp Air Probe Support

I have a Thermoworks DOT. When I use high temp air probe I never can get it on my grate correctly. The clip it came with always has it pointing the wrong direction and getting it in the way. I have tried to use the aluminum foil holder but fail miserably at that.

What do you all use to hold your high temp air probe while cooking?

Thanks

I often use foil, but instead of a loose ball which can move around on you, I will shape the little piece of foil so that I can wedge some of it in between the grate bars, so that it hold it where I want it. The nice thing about foil is that it's pliable that way.

Comment

Some will fix up a little block of wood.

Comment

I suspect the clip you are using is their pot clip and not the air probe clip. Got a pic?

Comment

If I use one, I use the probe clip. (Pictured) IT works on any size grate.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.7 KB ID:	239435

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Even expanded metal grating, though it might take an extra second to secure it.

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the Dot as well and use the clip. I did have to do some manipulating (bend) to get it to hold tight after numerous cooks.

BTW love those little magnets on the back of the DOT. Perfect for holding on to the handles of my PBC.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here