Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks Smoke

Bought it on your recommendation. Out of the box it did not work. Sending it back.

Did you pull the little plastic tabs out from the battery compartment?

Comment

Thermoworks makes great quality products but like any company sometimes one slips through the cracks. I would still recommend the company and the product.

Comment

Thermoworks has some of the best customer service around. Call them Monday and they will gladly make it right.

Comment

I agree about their customer service. They won't leave you hanging ...

Comment

My pre-ordered one arrived last week. It was a welcome relief from my two-channel, wireless Maverick (733??) that made me feel like I was playing Chinese Checkers when trying to set my temps.
            Last edited by Lowjiber; November 5, 2016, 05:22 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

We need more info. What's not working and what have you tried to do to fix the problem?

Comment

Mine was easy to set up and use right out of the box. Way better than my Maverick.

Comment

You are all making me really mad on this thread. I have another brand's thermo that works "fair". I cannot get the high/low temp alarm to work despite following the directions. So I watched the video for this product and I want it. However, Christmas is coming and I'm not allowed to buy anything from about October 15th until December 24th for myself. I would really like one for Thanksgiving's turkey and I'm convinced of two things: 1) I need it and 2) I'll get in big trouble if I order it for myself. Arghhh. I need a PCB, a Big Joe and a hot tub right now!

Comment

• billg71
                    billg71 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

@tbo4, Your Dilema is One Easily Solved! You buy it for Your Wife as a Gift! Of Coarse You Need It by Thanksgiving so You can Make Sure It Works! As this is to be a Gift for Your Wife You are Under no Moral Covenants to discuss it with Her Prior to the Purchase! " Capisce "? Furthermore if You Live in a Community Property State it will be 1/2 Your's!
                  That's about all the Advice I have at this Sitting! I here Eunice Calling?
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• tbob4
                    tbob4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hahahahaha. It is a great thought but you have no idea what I would get as a return gift. She would put the the Thermoworks to great use, watching it click down from 98.6.

tbob4 commented
                  November 6th, 2016, 09:53 AM

Hahahahaha. It is a great thought but you have no idea what I would get as a return gift. She would put the the Thermoworks to great use, watching it click down from 98.6.
                  LOL!!! That doesn't sound good, at all!!!

Comment

Mr. Smart forgot to take off the plastic screen shield. It now works fine

Comment

That's good to hear. I have several Thermoworks products and been very pleased with all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mad mike View Post
                        This happens to me more then I care to admit, sad thing is one of my hobbies is I build custom high end gaming computers where attention to detail is needed (some of these computers are an excess of 7k) and I always forgot to do this when I buy myself a new gadget.

Comment

Originally posted by mad mike View Post
                          I'm an active member of that club! Smoke on!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here