Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ET-732 Grill Grate Barbecue Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ET-732 Grill Grate Barbecue Thermometer

Greetings All,
    I have the aforementioned thermometer and just really utilized its features the other night doing an overnight smoke. Ran into a question/concern if anyone is able to help, or if others experience the same issue with this model. On the Instruction Manual it informs me that the LO (Minimum) BARBECUE temperature has a range of 32 degrees to 554 degrees Fahreinheit. Since I wanted to do some sleeping, I wanted to set the low BBQ temp for 215*F. However, when trying to set it, it kicked back to 32* after hitting 175* (I confirmed it was Fahreinheit and not Celsius), I unfortunately had to settle for the 175, luckily the alarm never rang off for the low BBQ temp, only once I met my goal meat temps. Anyone else run into this, have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Did you hit the mode (picture of a light bulb) button to confirm your entry?

Comment

• TheGrizMan
      TheGrizMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I did upon having to settle at the 175*. But the range on the instructions indicates 32-554*F. When trying to set at 215*F, I discovered I only had a range on my receiver of 32-175*F.

Hmm. Mine seems to work fine. I can set my receiver from way low to way high (no exact numbers, sorry, I'm watching a show with the boss.) I used it this weekend, was able to set temps from 215-250 grill temp with no problem. Mine is new, less than a month old. If it's not performing as it should, give them a call and I'm sure they will walk you thru it or replace it if defective. I believe it's a good product from my experience.

Comment

I had something similar occur. I took the batteries out of the unit, and let it sit for a minute, then put them back in. It has been fine ever since.

Comment

What was your high bbq setting? It won't let you set the low higher than the high. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point!

• TheGrizMan
          TheGrizMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Never did anything with the high, since everything I've read with the PBC is to just let it do its thing. I shall investigate and report back!

I've never used the alarms either but glad to see the collective knowledge weigh in!

Comment

Definitely check the high setting. I had this issue and that was the cause. I don't have the book in front of me but I vaguely remember something about 25 degrees being the minimum between the two. Or I could have imagined it.

Comment

Solved! The high was preset to 176! That's why the low maxed out to 175! I now set the high to 315 and the low to 215! Thanks all for your help!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here