Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wireless thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my Wi-Fi is about as reliable as a car with no tires no engine no drive shaft no steering wheel...
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      In other words, extremely reliable. It does exactly what you would expect a car like to do .... Nothing

According to their most recent update, the Meater might begin shipping in mid-October. I'm not holding my breath though. I will be stunned if I ever receive mine.

Comment

I also backed this quite a while ago. I am interested in how it does. I will say, on a related note (backing / crowdfunding), I backed the coolest cooler. It took just days short of two years before I saw the product that I backed. Along the way, there were many set backs, complaints, manufacturing issues, you name it... About 6 months _BEFORE_ my unit arrived, I saw it available for next day delivery by amazon! When most of us that hadn't gotten our product saw this, well, you can imagine the backlash. The founder claimed they ran out of money, and needed to raise more, so he sold the units and used that profit to continue manufacturing. I read, re-read, and read a third time the agreement that you *cough* sign when you back a product like this... and it actually is spelled out clearly. It boils down to:
      "You gave up money for an idea. That idea may not exist, may never exist, and you will not get your money back. Thanks"
      I don't think most of the crowdfunding entrepreneurs are scam artists. (I actually have received and LOVE my coolest cooler) I am sure they are out there, and I hope to not become the victim of one. Having said that, I am hopeful that the Meater shows itself. It looks pretty cool! I am also hoping that it works as advertised. I promise a review if/when I get mine!

Comment

There will be a LOT of reviews from us! We've been waiting almost a year.

They have, in the last month or so, become much more active in their online advertising. Not sure what that means, but I think they should back off advertising until they have a ship able product. JMHO

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          That means they want more money

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, DWCowles , but they are so over funded it is not funny. Continued fundraising makes it seem like a scam to me.

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          That's my point richinlbrg A SCAM

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here