Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wireless thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless thermometer

I recently backed this on Indigogo and am looking forward to getting it and trying it out. If anyone else is interested here is the link. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...d-technology#/
    I will comment again on this once i get a chance to do some side by side testing with my current dual probe thermometer.

Lots of folks looking forward to getting theirs.

Comment

Very lots.

Comment

I thought that came out already. What has been, 2 years?

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          It's been a long time Ernest

Wicked fat probes
        pass.......

Comment

I've been following the effort and agree it looks amazing. However, it is really, really, late. When you get yours, I'd love a quick review, as if it can do what they say, I'm happy to buy.

Comment

Never heard of it before but I just looked at their campaign page. Is it just me or does this thing have scam written all over it? Just reading the comments and the answers provided by the company raised a huge red flag for me. Has anyone actually received one yet, even a beta model?

Comment

This has been going in a really long time. They have a kick starter as well. I'm not in in this but lots here are.

Comment

Originally posted by ribeyeguy View Post
                Never heard of it before but I just looked at their campaign page. Is it just me or does this thing have scam written all over it? Just reading the comments and the answers provided by the company raised a huge red flag for me. Has anyone actually received one yet, even a beta model?
                As a tech journalist, I follow plenty of these, and, so far at least, it doesn't look like a scam. "Just" some inventors who had a great idea, got lots of money via crowd sourcing, and now have discovered it is really, really, hard. However, the updates from many of these companies sound the same. Chronically upbeat, but sweeping massive issues and delays under the rug. I with there was more straight shooting, but I guess the rosy outlook goes with the territory. If only they would say something believable, like "OMG, the plastic melted, we need to find a new material", or "Who knew that there were regulations on thermometers?" or whatever the issue was, instead of "gosh, our prototypes are doing really well and we continue working towards volume production."

Comment

""Meater is the only meat thermometer that will guarantee perfectly cooked meats every time you cook.""

riiiiiiigggggghhhhhhtttttt

Comment

Well with close to 4 million from investors when it does hit the street and get wrung out by the investors its should be great. That will be my entry point to perfectly cooked meat for sure.

Comment

I backed it (as did other people here), but I was conservative - $1 so I could read all the backer only updates (I was burned by a tech scam and I blame myself for backing that one, at least I could chargeback). It looks promising, I'm just waiting until it ships and is reviewed before I fully commit.

Comment

I hope you all don't have to wait as long as Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	215620 person

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Photo Caption: "Waiting through the Stall!"

Does this work off WiFi??

Comment

• MBMorgan
                          MBMorgan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Their indiegogo.com page says it does.

• ecowper
                          ecowper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, WiFi. And if you buy the $169 level with 4 probes, the storage box is also a charger and a WiFi bridge to extend your range. Plus you can connect into your home's WiFi, much easier than having to directly connect your phone or tablet. Plus some cloud apps.

• Histrix
                          Histrix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The thermometers themselves are Bluetooth and can be monitored by your phone/tablet when in range. You also would need the Meater Block to connect them to WiFi and monitor them elsewhere.

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                        Does this work off WiFi??

Imaginary wifi. After all it's still an a
                        imaginary thermometer. : )

Comment

• ecowper
                          ecowper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hahahaha

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          "It's all in the mind, you know"?

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here