Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using my new thermometer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using my new thermometer?

Just got my Maverick 732.. but I have a home made grill with a heavy lid. Do I need to drill a hole in it because the lid is really crimping the leads, hate to drill because it has a really tight seal. May be a dumb question.

A hole small enough to pass the probe through won't affect things. I have a 5/16" hole in both my kettles with zero problems.

Comment

Drill away. It will be fine.

Comment

Yep drill a hole. If you want to be able to seal up the hole when not in use. I welded in a 1/2 in NPT nipple with threads sticking out and flush inside. That way I screw on a cap when not using temp leads.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrench77 View Post
          Yep drill a hole. If you want to be able to seal up the hole when not in use. I welded in a 1/2 in NPT nipple with threads sticking out and flush inside. That way I screw on a cap when not using temp leads.
          Not being a welder, I just plug the open hole with a short, finger-tight bolt/nut when not in use for probe wires.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            I, also, am not a welder. It's one skill (and tool) I really wish I had MBMorgan

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            If I had a welding machine, I'd be a welder again. Not that anything I did could pass a true stress test, but it held up enough to deer hunt out of. Welding is easy, setting up the machine for the job aggravated me to no end.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here