Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 probes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiefsilverback, I ended up going with the Fireboard. It is 99% of what I wanted! Here's my review (plus an extensive commentary thread)

I got a Fireboard Extreme BBQ Edition for Christmas. My wife knew I wanted one. She also, I'm pretty sure, is tired of me complaining about not having enough

Comment

• Chiefsilverback
      Chiefsilverback commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks nice. Any idea how it stacks up against the Tappecue? Also are the probes compatible with any other thermometers ie. ThermoWorks Dot or Chef Alarm etc...?

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Chiefsilverback .... no idea on probe compatibility with other systems. I've never used a Tappecue, so can't really comment on that. Here's a link to the AmazingRibs review of the Fireboard: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...ireboard-fbx11

Chiefsilverback .... regarding The Meater .... yup, the probes are thick. They have to be to contain everything needed to measure, record, transmit the data. No way you are getting it smaller and keeping the price reasonable. Miniaturization has to go much further to achieve that. And, as MBMorgan pointed out, this is a kickstarter that may never see light of day. I'm an electrical/electronic engineer .... the difficulties of this project are immense.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      MBMorgan we are thinking along the same lines ... I wouldn't want to try and figure out a solid RF signal that would work in all sorts of different cookers, with different thicknesses and types of metal .... not to mention ensuring that my electronics can withstand heat and humidity extremes

• Histrix
      Histrix commented
      Editing a comment
      Since Meater is actually now shipping single units to their earliest supporters I think it can be considered a "real project". Longevity of the probes remains to be seen tho.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Histrix I didn't know they were able to ship. I agree it's a "real project" now

I do not have one but I have heard good things about the fireboard thermometers. I think they can track up to six probes at once. I am going to save up for one next.

Comment

Amajeff99 my review of the Fireboard, which can handle 6 probes at once ..... https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-the-fireboard

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here