Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThermoPop Vs. Thermapen - is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breadhead
    replied
    JPGators17 ... When I joined the Pit I had a Taylor meat thermometer that I had used for a couple of years. You can buy them at Lowes for about $20. They are slower than the Thermapen products but it worked for me. After joining the Pit I got a case of the MCS affliction that's permeated many Pit members and I had to upgrade to the Thermapen. You might be getting MCS too. Gadget buying is the first symptom. Next it will be cookers.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I'm partial to the RT600C-N myself, indoors.

My Thermapen was a gift. It stays by the pits b/c the automatic backlight is a must on night cooks.

Leave a comment:

• pittkappasig
    replied
    I give out Thermopop's to clients as a gift, they love it. most backyarders use feel or cut into meat to judge temp... they dont know what they are missing and the Pop changes their lives!

if you want to look like the guys on HGTV or whatever channel plays cooking shows, spend the extra money for the Pen, but if its not in your budget, the Pop is a perfectly fine, excellent model for backyard use.

Disclosure: I do have the Pen as well. only because they ran an open box sale on their old units before they launched the new one and i got it for pennies on the dollar. watch the Pit for someone to post an open box sale and pick one up then!

Leave a comment:

• Darchie03
    replied
    JPGators17, I use the T-pop as I could not afford the price difference I also have 2 of their DOT units & all 3 read within a degree of each other. Thermapen seems nice but I can't justify the price.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    It is and it isn't. I used just the T-pop for a couple years. Then I decided to buy the pen. Honestly, I reach for the pen now that I have it, it's quicker and a little handier. Is it worth the extra price? That's a personal choice I guess. The Mark4 T-pen has some nice features like auto-rotating screen, and auto backlight. That's a nice perk I will admit. The T-pop has those features, just not auto.

Leave a comment:

• JPGators17
    started a topic ThermoPop Vs. Thermapen - is it worth it?

ThermoPop Vs. Thermapen - is it worth it?

Is the Thermapen really worth an extra $80 over the ThermoPop? Call me ignorant, but the ThermoPop was given a gold rating here, so to me that means it gives accurate temp readings. What could be more important that that? What could be worth $80 more than that? If yall wouldn't mind schooling me on what I'm missing, I'd appreciate it.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here