Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best dual thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best dual thermometer

Looked at the site and Amazon ... What should I buy? Need dual thermometer for grill and meat temperature. So many options out there. Looking in the $100 range.

Meathead has steered us correctly, with the Maverick! ET-732 is my fav, I only own 4, and have given away 3 to friends!

I'll attempt to post the link from the AR Website (if you use their link, is supports the site!) is the link, the one that supports AR, which we love to do!

Buy one TODAY!

Comment

I have to agree with PaulstheRibList

Comment

Thanks guys. No need for any more responses. Ordered and on its way! God I love this website.

Comment

I have the Maverick for my Weber. Question: what's the best way to run the probes? Between the lid and base, through the top vent or through bottom vent. I'm really not into drilling a hole in the Weber. Thanks in advance....

Comment

• Fayettejim
            Fayettejim commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the advice, Jerod. Next time I'm going to try the three binder clips to clamp down the lid to the kettle and run the probe lines between the lid and kettle. Just an experiment. If that doesn't help I'll take your advice and drill the holes. Not much heat loss?

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Fayettejim can't tell a lick of difference with respect to heat loss. If I seal everything else off the coals will still die out with the hole.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I go under the lid. No problems. Ever.

I use two Thermoworks ChefAlarms ... crazy accurate, reliable, and not too far off from your $100(ish) budget.

Comment

• Munch
            Munch commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here...Except 2 ThermoWorks DOTs.

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here...except 2 ThermaQ setups.
            So yeah, kinda blows that whole budget thing...but agreed, the ThermoWorks stuff is crazy accurate & reliable.

With the maverik, do I have to drill holes in order to get the ingrill therm to work properly?

Comment

• (Chris b)
            (Chris b) commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Huskee, found you guys over the weekend looking for a rib rub recipe and been hooked every since, def. cut into my work time, lol...

• (Chris b)
            (Chris b) commented
            Editing a comment
            a previous commenter said that to use this thermometer, you had to drill holes into your grill for the probe?

I guess i should ask, how and where do i put the in-grill thermometer? I am in the market for both in-grill and meat thermometer and this looks like a great option.

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Chris b - You can drill the hole just about anywhere. However, I suggest you locate the hole between the grate and the rim. That keeps the probe wires above the grate, and it's just easier for me to get the probes in and out of the kettle that way. YMMV

I use the iGrill2 and like it a great deal. The interface is much more intuitive than the Mavericks. I used Mavericks prior to the iGrill and I don't think I'd got back to the Maverick.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not used a Maverick, but I love my iGrill2 and love the Weber customer service that comes with it.

I had great success with Maverick and still do. I have two of the iGrill2's but haven't used them yet

Comment

Love my Maverick 735 ( and my MK4 and Thermapop )

Comment

Originally posted by Mur7555 View Post
              Looked at the site and Amazon ... What should I buy? Need dual thermometer for grill and meat temperature. So many options out there. Looking in the $100 range.
              We have an electrical engineer, Bill McGrath, who tests and rates therms. See the picture of thermometers in the right column, click the link to see the database of more than 200.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here