Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermapen mk4 rotation issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermapen mk4 rotation issues

Is it normal for the screen to stay upside down sometimes? It is very annoying. If I rotate it slowly it works correctly, but if I just pick it up quickly at a 45 degree angle it will be upside down. I wondered why my wife was nice enough to give me the mk4, while she kept the classic. Now I know...

It should only take about a second. Give an email to T-works or a phone call. They'll take care of you.

Comment

I emailed them, but I'm sure I won't get a reply until Monday. I think I might just request that they replace it with a back-lit classic. I'm not a fan of any of the new features other than the extra waterproofing. Mine rides in the console of my truck. On more than 1 occasion I have pulled it out and it came on. There is no doubt that it was turning itself on in the truck also.

Comment

I received a response this afternoon from thermoworks. Apparently there is a setting in the menu to lock the display in any orientation you prefer. They really are as good as they claim.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          If it's closed it shouldn't come on. If it's open it will timeout at 30seconds and any light movement will turn it back on. Glad you got help from them so promptly.

I have only had one problem with a ThermoWorks product and the customer service was top notch, they went overboard to please me and correct the problem.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here